[Yoma Propaganda] ;)

Hi everyone.

As some of you may have noticed, I haven’t been around much recently. Long story short, real life has been messy so not had much time to work on the mod.

However, I’ve seen some of the work people have been doing with creating story arcs and background etc so I decided that I’d add my own contribution on behalf of the Yoma. It’s a bit silly but I thought something along the lines of a movie trailer would be kinda fun… ^^; Credit for the music goes to a good friend of mine, a Mr Jon Baker for composing/playing/recording a theme for the Yoma. This is what will play when you face them in battle.

(Apologies for the slight cut-off at the end, the editing software hates me!)

Anyway here it is:

For those of you who have not encountered my mod before, it’s a work in progress and the development thread can be found at: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6359

Awesome Video - great way to show the ships that are in the mod :slight_smile:

Man I love propaganda videos! Someday I gotta learn how to do those ^^

What I miss in this video are some ingame scenes with lots of splosions… Aside from that it’s great :wink:

the “unknown” looks exciting! >:D

*Looks around for his jaw mumbling something that sounds like " dang it where did it go?" *

AWESOME video, I LOVED IT! It has the weird feel to it almost like a evilness but not quite like it. It would have been neat to of had video of the ships in battle after you showed the still but other than that You done great. Also is the music in the video going to be the Yoma’s theme music?

I really loved this presentation, great work! :smiley:
I’m going to make a Final Release Vid but it will be more epic fight than presentation xD

I hope that things improve for you soon.

[-looks all around in surprise-]
Story arcs? Background? I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about. :wink:

Considering that GSB is a high-tech fireworks display set to music, I don’t think your video is silly at all. I enjoyed it. The vid definitely is a good fit with the game. Can’t wait to see more of the Yoma and the various interstellar ass-kickings they’ll be handing out as they retake what’s theirs. Enemies, beware.

I like the video, and it’s not silly at all. It’s also nice to see creative work outside of the game content itself, as the battles we set up will always only be a part of the story. Now we know why we’re fighting…

That was quite awesome :smiley: cant wait to kill in the name of her holy blood’ed’nes xD

Very good job!. Now, if u ad some sort of in-game fight at the end, that will be just a mod trailer!!

I gotta agree with Nemesis I was waiting for a little action finale, but that just means I’m even more anxious to get the mod when released!

That was a well done video and it looks like an outstanding mod…I’ve been following it for a while now and I can’t wait to see what you’ve made for it.

Your hulls look excellent. I’m eager to take just about all of them out for a test drive.

And don’t worry about taking your time. Union was in the works for OVER a year.

As for the background story…it was very impressive…just about any story elements added to this game are an excellent touch.

Like your video cant wait till mod is ready for release to play with. Please keep up the good work.

A most excellent propaganda video. This is sure to strike fear into the hearts of the impure, Empress.

Very compelling stuff. Since I kind of hope you might make another video or two as your development continues (you’ve obviously got some talent in the vid department), I’ll toss in a teeny suggestion to go along with the oft-mentioned inclusion of gameplay video. Some of the screens with more than a couple lines of text are hard to read in the time they are up. You might either lengthen those or - if the software supports it - maybe have a suitably dramatic voice-over?

Anyway, very much looking forward to this mod!

Great vid, reminds me a little of homeworld vids which were epic. They were made in a similar style. Good background story for a mod too. I would not want to be in the shoes of guys who invaded Aria. Wonder who they were though. I remember Praetorian Industries had a similar blue laser… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yoma is welcomed to continue her battle here, at Worlds Collide :slight_smile: