[1.0 Final] New race - His Voice

Finally!
Well, I don’t have much time to play with it but I only know you need to fix the ‘hisvoice cruiser guardian lr multiwaep’ ship, it’s using a ‘cruiser_engine MKII’ which I don’t have while playing with all other mods disabled.

I think I’d better wait until cliffski releases the performance fix in 1.48. The scenario was lagging hard using my 3xper1ment4l fleet (I haven’t tested much in high credit scenarios my explosive ships ¬¬).

I’ve downloaded it half an hour ago and the file is still avaiable to download for me now :confused:

Based upon your post, I just re-checked it and the link is now live for me. Thank you, Hidalgo Galactica. :wink:

Ack, the engine’ll be from another mod, I’ll do another release tomorrow, let me know if you spot anything else. As for the performance I’m surprised, as I’m playing it on my gf’s laptop and it’s fine. I have a theory, I’ll give it a spin tomorrow.

Thanks for giving it a whirl guys

Cheers

ok, here we go again! I’m just uploading now, if you’ve installed a previous version please delete you hisvoice folder and reinstall, this should fix the problem with the missing module, and I’ve gone through and added mipmaps to all dds’s that got left out. I dont honestly know if that’ll help, but I cant think of any reason my scenario should lag? There is a high number of vessels onscreen, and there is a shader active on that scenario, so maybe disable shaders?

Anyway, let me know about any problems you see, I’ll update the link on the 1st page shortly

Cheers

Wow, it goes better now.
I think that having that giant dogpile of fighters without mipmaps forced the game to try to draw them at full quality. Or it was enough with having the cruisers without mipmaps to lag me. Anyway, I think I should nerf my enthusiastic explosions a bit (my dreadnoughts aren’t very computer friendly while zooming in with what they have lol).
I need to remember to rebuild my AF fleet after playing with vanilla content that scenario… (It’s not that your ships are OP, I wiped all my designs sometime ago . Fighters in general are the ones OP :P).

Oh, now that I remember:
I haven’t done much of scenario/deployment creation yet, but I thought the other day that to avoid having to mirror the deployment (x location and angle) you could initially create the scenario with the whole area as player deployment and place all the ships where you want. Then you would only need to change aaaaaalllll the angles of the ships (or you can make an Ambush type map where you attack the enemy from their back xD).

EDIT: Also, if it isn’t much trouble, you could put up the file in an additional hosting site to avoid people having the annoying ‘file unavaiable’ issue.

Thanks for the update to the beta, Kete! I really like your new mod race. Looking forward to exploring it in more detail once the “OMG! NEW! SHINY!” adrenaline cools down a tad. :smiley:

Thanks for the kind words Archduke, I hope you like it as much once the novelty’s worn off :slight_smile:

In terms of progress I’ve given the halos a going over, they now make sense in terms of stats, so I may upload a patch today or tomorrow with what balancing I’ve got done

Also, in response to SirJamon’s request, I’ll be updating the 1st post with a mirror link shortly :slight_smile:

Cheers
David

I read through the thread earlier and realised what a mess of images it was, so I put something together inspired by Adsadafafas’ work in his fanart thread, you can find it in his thread or on the 1st post of this thread!

I think it makes the content of the mod a little clearer no?

Hello!

I need someone’s opinion on this, I’ve been redoing the Archangel, the biggest of the hsv ships (the old one was very tatty and I think I’ve got a little better since I did it). Below are the old and the new, but I’ve changed the shape a little bit. But the point is, is it actually better?

In my opinion the old one is a bit crappy in comparison to the new one… but it could just be that I need to clean my glasses XD
Mmm, but the shape of the part that joins the engines with the hull in the new one… it doesn’t look perfect but the size of the engines seems to fit with the rest of the ship.

Bah, I’d say you should go with the new one if it doesn’t involve a lot of work but I would wait first for other’s opinions.

mod is good needs more custom modules and on the flame gun(forgot name) i didnt see how cheep it was but if it is not dirt cheep it is severely under powered

I agree with Jamon, the new archangel looks MUCH better. Since it’s the same size and shape (roughly) would it be possible to just switch out the image files and leave the text file as is? I really like your ship design and theme by the way, they look awesome. Oh, I have modified versions of a couple of the custom modules. I could post them if you’d like.

Hey guys, sorry for the slow reply, been travelling. thanks for giving this a go. Great to hear people are playing (and enjoying maybe ? :). )

Yeah balance is inexistant at the moment. The weapons work in concept in the current release, I’ve done sone adjusting to the halos, and should get to the weapons next, but I would be very interested to see your versions prophet. I have 2 more concepts down on paper which should be out next release. The cleansing fire is intended to be devastating against unshielded foes, but useless against shielded enemies

Speaking of releases, the next one may be delayed a little, I’m currently away travelling, and just checking in on a blackberry.

And finally, regarding the archangel, unfortunately the size of the sprite in the dds file is different, so turrets and modules would be out of place. In any case, I’ve already redone it, specification and all. It is now much closer to one of sirjamon’s dreadnoughts. I still have the files of course, so if It doesn’t grow on me I can still revert. You can see the polished up archangel in the ship chart on the 1st page.

Cheers
David

Ok, here are my modified versions of the frigate cleansing fire and the cruiser holy maker and halo:

[code][config]
unlockcost = 0
lockable = 0
armour_penetration = 30
blasttexture = “turret_blast_red.dds”
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BulletWeaponModule”
color = 8
cost = 130
crew_required = 13
damage = 4
description = “Then, thou shalt be baptised in fire.”
fire_interval = 100
guiname = “Cleansing Fire”
height = 6.0
hitpoints = 50
icon = turret
min_range = 150
max_range = 500
name = “frigate_cleansing_fire”
optimum_range = 400
powerconsumed = 13.0
shield_penetration = 30
size = “FRIGATE”
sound = order/data/sounds/radiationgun.ogg
soundvolume = 1.0
speed = 5.0
tracking_speed = 1.0
turret_sprite = “hsv_turret_clefire”
turretsize = 12.0
weight = 50
width = 2.5
slot_type = TURRET
uisortpos = 1200
restricted = “hisvoice”

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL[/code]

[code][config]
unlockcost = 0
lockable = 0
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BulletWeaponModule”
name = “cruiser_holy_maker”
guiname = “Holy Maker”
size = “CRUISER”
slot_type = TURRET
icon = turret
turret_sprite = “hsv_turret_holy”
turretsize = 18.0
restricted = “hisvoice”
uisortpos = 1200
description = ““Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.” -Father Alexander Anderson”
cost = 150
weight = 150
hitpoints = 100
crew_required = 15
powerconsumed = 15.0
blasttexture = “turret_blast_red.dds”
color = 5
height = 60.0
width = 12.0
speed = 15.0
sound = data/sounds/cruiser_proton_beam1500.ogg
soundvolume = 1.0
damage = 30
fire_interval = 2000
armour_penetration = 70
shield_penetration = 70
min_range = 300
max_range = 900
optimum_range = 800
tracking_speed = 1.0

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = crew_required,INTEGER
4 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = min_range,DECIMAL
10 = max_range,DECIMAL
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL[/code]

[code][config]
lockable = 0
unlockcost = 0
category = “DEFENSES”
classname = “SIM_ShieldModule”
cost = 300
crew_required = 30
description = ““My faith is my armour”-Archbishop Maxwell, moments before his ship was vapourised. Engineers were then encouraged to design a more tangible form of protection.”
guiname = “Cruiser Halo”
hitpoints = 100
icon = module_shield_multiphasic.dds
name = “cruiser_shield_halo”
powerconsumed = 30
recharge_rate = 0.050
resistance = 15
shieldpoints = 500
size = “CRUISER”
slot_type = STANDARD
stack_effectiveness = 0.5
weight = 300
uisortpos = 2110
restricted = “hisvoice”

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = shieldpoints,DECIMAL
5 = crew_required,INTEGER
6 = resistance,DECIMAL
7 = recharge_rate,DECIMAL_MULT,1000[/code]

feel free to use anything you find helpful, oh I am definitely enjoying the mod, the ships are awesome!

Those look pretty good, the holy maker looks like abetter rendition of what I was trying for, same for the halo, and I like your flavour text for the fire, very succinct and in character :slight_smile:

Ill have.a proper look when I get back, its not easy reading the stats on such a small screen

idk what the original shield damage on the fire was but it just need ~3 times more damage and armor pen

haha, thanks, glad I could help!

just remebered you have 2 custome weapons that are designed for unshielded targets put one in that does some shield pen

i just played against the tribe with this and they DESTROYED THEM the holy fire did a good bit of damage and with the rad gun

Hi guys

Back from my travels, I’ll try and get a release ready this week with a few balance tweaks and new scenarios, no promises though, gotta spend more time finding a job =(

I have been playing around a little bit with blender, I’m finding it quite fun actually, and maybe I can incorporate some of this as loadscreens or something in a future release. Anyway, here’s what I’ve done this afternoon: