2nd Modding Contest - And the winner is...

Okay guys, the incoming entries frequency just stopped, do we should start with the Phase 3 - Voting?

Give it a day or two?

Yer give em a couple of days and unless someone says they need a little more time go to the second phase :smiley:

Roger that! xD

EDIT: What do you want people, a “closed” voting (only positech forums) or a public one (Moddb PI Page + Moddb forums + Positech forums), for that one i would make a copy of the contest topic and tell to everyone that they can vote, i’m not sure if there are going to be more voters… so, what do you like more?

EDIT2: CptFox, check your facebook chat ^^

EDIT3: “Mom” has just arrived to the contest! Entry number 26, we were so close to reach the first contest, oh well, if anyone is needing more time to launch more entries just PM me! I have no problem with delaying the voting phase when we talk about having more awesome entries! xD

Ahaha xD I love the descriptions, #28 especially! I’ll re-send it Praetors. And i think an open voting system would be quite cool!

The voting system would be the same, but i will publish the contest in moddb and see what happens there ^^

Now the voting phase is going to be delayed due the recent burst of entries and a modder request, stay tuned =D

Okay guys, im going to start the voting phase tomorrow, anyone objects?

Nop :smiley: Just to clarify we’re not alowed to vote on our own entries right?

Well, a participant voting to himself may or may not look good, but anyways the voting system is Identical to the first contest one ^^

I cant remember that far back D:

lol, then we have a problem xD

Hey darky [size=20](lol darkstar, dont kill me xD)[/size], was self-voting allowed?

now why would darkstar kill you?

for calling him Darky, maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

Just my two cents, but I think it’s worth mentioning that to disallow any and all self-voting may limit some of us who were more … prolific than others. I have no problem trusting the various folk around here to be honest about it - and let’s be fair, sometimes being honest means saying “I like your work, but I like mine a bit better.”

But I’m OK with it either way.

If i can remind you of this post you made . .

And this one:

So - no, i will not train the Orbital Ion Cannons on to your location, but i will suggest you just stick with using my nick.

As for your question about voting:
Its completely up to you.

For the first contest i counted the voting in stages.

• First, tallied the votes from the people that did not enter a design.
  • Second, tallied the votes from the people that DID enter a design but did not count their votes for their own ships.
  • Last, counted the votes where the person voted for their own design.

However the voting was conducted honerably and people that entered a design didn’t heap all their votes onto that one design.

Phase 3 - Voting has STARTED!

Enjoy giving your 6 cookies to your favorite designs, as already said Darkstar and Ace, you are begin able to spend your votes as you want.

2 votes - entry number 14, I quite like this entry because it is now a single mass and is more focused on it’s gentic evolution, and appendages. It also reminds me of the guardian from starcraft.

2 votes - entry number 11, This entry is very unique in that it is not a ‘blob’ and would more than likley be cabable of survival. And it is just epic. The description is even epic.

2 votes - entry number 12, a very unique shape this one has, as well as a well thought out description.

#2-2cookies’s: It looks very natural and very well armored. I think the transitioning of the different parts is very well done and also the use of many different parts in a way that it looks like a whole! And a very cool vulture’esk description.

#13-1cookie: It looks like a fish! A fish with laser eyes and scalene amour, awsome!

#18-2cookie’s: Otherwise it might eat me D: I love how it’s different and completely… well natural in its randomness. It looks big, mean and very scary!

#27-1cookie: I like the streamline yet organic feel of it. And also the body looks designed to pierce into enemy ships and get stuck in with the barbs!

To be honest I had a really tough time deciding which thingies I like best. It wasn’t easy but finally I decided to pick my top five, with one being the most favourite one from the favourite ones (if that phrase even makes any sense?) and getting two cookies, and the rest getting only one. So:

ENTRY 26 is awraded a total of two cookies. The cookies are:
-The Golden Cherry Cookie of True Awesomeness. For being the one that cought my eye instantly and having this special ‘90’s space arcade boss’ look.
-The One Cookie. For being my true favourite and having a head.

ENTRY 21 is awarded one cookie:

• The Rasin Cookie of Hronyness. For for having all that awesome horns exactly where they should be. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ENTRY 10 is awarded one cookie:

• The Lemon Cookie of Symetry. For being very neat and symetical while still managing to look space creature like.

ENTRY 18 is awarded one cookie:

• The Sweet Pudding Cookie of Uniqueness. For being made according to the ‘outside the box’ ideas, which in my personal opinion makes it look like a genuine space creature.

ENTRY 27 is awarded one cookie:

• The Vanilla Cookie of Monsterness. For being the hungriest of them all and looking the part.[size=50] Also for reminding me a Starcraft zerg guardian.
    [/size]
    If I had more cookies I could go on, because there have been much more great designs submitted to the constest. I’m just lucky I didn’t have to pick only one :stuck_out_tongue:
    Anyways, GREAT JOB EVERYBODY and thank you Praetors for making this awesome contest ^^

[rolls up sleeves]
Okay, let’s hit it.
[/rolls up sleeves]

#2: One cookie. I like the linear feel of this ship and something about the way the various armor plates hook together gives me a case of the heebie-jeebies.

#11: One cookie. Got a good squid/Cthulhoid vibe on this one.

#21: One cookie. Something about this one just resonates with me (although it strikes me as more of a fighter-sized critter than frigate-sized; I have an urge to wave a cloud of them away from my face).

#22: One cookie. This one looks like you might find it in your swimming hole on a bad day. Eww.

#23: One cookie. The thing in the swimming hole grew up. Double eww.

#26: One cookie. The vaguely almost-humanoid structure on this one appeals to the baser instincts of “run the hell away”. Perfect for an interstellar plague.

I’d scatter lots more cookie-votes about if I had them. I think everyone did fantastic work! Or would it be horrific work in this case?