Also looking for error help

Hi there :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing Kudos for just over a week and been having a lot of fun with it. I found this forum with all the different mods and wanted to try them out. I’ve bought the reflexive version, unfortunately, so many don’t work, but I did manage to get some going.

The problem is that of all the mods, the only ones that aren’t working are the new jobs. I could take the night classes for them, but they would not show up in my ‘find new job’ activity.
I had moved them into the kudos folder in the C drive thinking that was the right place. However, looking around on this forum, I think they were supposed to be in the ‘my documents’ kudos folder instead, so I moved them back.
Unfortunately, since moving them back, I get this error message every time I try to “Start Living”:

Missing Global Variable:.\SIM-GlobalVariables.cpp40.

When I click OK, it tells me something is wrong with the RWG file and closes the game…

Haha, at one point while trying to put in the mods, I had everything working, except for an error with the RWG file. But I’ve been searching through this forum for the answers to some of these and have not been able to find a solution to my particular problem. I appologize if this is a double post.

Ah, just to add in case it helps, I’ve only added jobs off of this forum (none from the “supermods” things since they are not for my version), and haven’t made any of my own.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :slight_smile: Thank you.

(&)*#$ EDIT

I had another question too, that I’d forgotten previously!! I bought a skateboard but was unable to use it to get to work, even though my work was less than 6 miles away. Is there a requirement that I’m missing?

Hi, I don’t know what the RWG file is, so that sounds like a reflexive thing, so the best bet is to uninstall everything and then reinstall from scratch. it might be worth deleting anything in the mydocuments/kudos directory too.
I can’t recall there being any special pre-requisites to using the skateboard.

aha, skateboard has a max range of 6 miles, you might be just an inch or two too far from work to use it…

Okay, so I cleared everything out and reinstalled the game. I put some of the mods back in, only the ones that people in the forum said were definately working.

The global error is gone now, but I’m still getting the RWG error.

rwg is the “random word generator”, and it shows up in the folder as just “Kudos.rwg”. It was included in the basic install, so I figure the game needs it… But it’s still saying that there is an error with it and I haven’t the foggiest idea how to fix that. Any ideas?

No idea, certainly not my code, who did you buy the game through?

I bougth mine from Reflexive. It’s 1.0 version. LOL Wished I’d looked around a bit more first and gotten it directly from Positech, but I would like to try and figure this out before buying it again.

There aren’t any problems with it, until I try to add in new jobs. But I’ve looked at them a dozen times and can’t figure out what could be causing the problem. They are all jobs that use the basic classes/skills that come with the game to begin with. Hmmm…

Okay… I don’t know what happened. All of a sudden, it’s working again. I’m honestly completely clueless. LOL I didn’t change anything. But when I was showing the new avatars to my sister, I clicked on start living just to see (all times before, it would never work) and suddenly… It worked!

I don’t know why, but the problem seems to have gone away on it’s own. ^^; Thanks for your help and getting back to me so quickly! I’m excited to play again with the new mods! Whohoo, mirror dance, lol.

Ta-chan

hey that’s good news, obviously some ninja magic in the reflexive wrapper.

When I first started playing the game, I thought that if I bought a vehicle, my character would start using it to get to work, but she didn’t. It turns out that you have to set the transportation method manually. Click on your job, then cycle through the transportation methods until you get to the one you want.

Have fun!

I figured out what was going on with skateboarding!!

Silly me, I assumed I would be able to use a skateboard like a bike, without any practice. Finally, I looked at the code and realized I actually had to have a certain percentage of skateboarding skill first! LOL Goodness, do I feel slow this morning!

Thanks to everyone for the advice. :slight_smile: