Campaign Mode Does Not Download Enemy Fleet Designs - Broken

I always get the same enemy fleet for every battle in campaign mode. Debug file shows:
downloading enemy campaign fleet
gratuitousspacebattles/server/gsb_campaign_getopponentlist.php?&username=Dadman&id=H638-CQ7Z-7M85-T&playerrace=federation&mincost=27000&maxcost=48600
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\scott.bytnar\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/camp_chall.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile ends
No enemy fleets found!:…\src\SIM_CampaignOpponentChooser.cpp 191

downloading enemy campaign fleet
gratuitousspacebattles/server/gsb_campaign_getopponentlist.php?&username=Dadman&id=H638-CQ7Z-7M85-T&playerrace=whocares&mincost=27000&maxcost=48600
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\scott.bytnar\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/camp_chall.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile ends

1 Like

Yes this is definetly a problem at the moment, glad someone else is complaining. I sent a support email to get Cliffski;s thoughts on the matter. Campaign was such a blast

I ran into this exact problem earlier, I thought it was an issue with running the game through Proton, every fleet I faced was just one tutorial fighter, “Tactile Hallucination”, there was no battle history displayed for said one fighter fleet.

While the concept of one immortal fighter pilot opposing my fleet in every star system I ever try to invade is funny, it wasn’t much of a challenge.

The only interim solution I can think of is manually creating fleets and trying to force them into the campaign as enemies, though I don’t know how you’d do that.

Positech please fix this ASAP. This issue has been known for months.

GSB is unplayable in Campaign mode.

I know this game is largely unsupported at this point, but does anyone have a workaround? Hell, if anyone has a set of complete enemy fleet files for the campaign, I have no problem placing them into the necessary folder(s). I noticed that this problem currently exists on both the Windows version and the Linux version running on my Steam Deck (Steam OS 3.0/Arch Linux). I don’t need a new Steam patch, I’d be perfectly happy with some files to copy/paste. I love this game. It is like a meditative experience for me, but with laser beams…and explosions.

1 Like