Does anyone know a good way to boost your confidence?
You can try these: read a couple of confidence building books, associate with friends who raise your confidence, or drink alcohol (this raises it temporarily). You could also win a game of bowling.
0. Be drunk (this is by far the easiest MASSIVE boost, albeit the most temporary, just watch out for those AA invites :p)
- Complete either the cryptic or normal crosswords
- Go to the dentist
- Win a bowling match
- Arrest a mugger
- Perform well at your job
- Attend a “Team-Building”, “Musical Jam Session”, “Royal Society Lecture” or “Journalism Awards” event
- Complete a course
- Get a promotion / Receive a job offer
- Have a girlfriend/boyfriend
10.Read the confidence boosting books (“Building Confidence”, “Total Confidence”, “How to be good at Public Speaking”)
11.Driving to work (the more expensive car the better the confidence boost)
12.Wear a suit or fashionable clothes and/or sunglasses
Lowering Confidence: (basically the opposite to everything about, but also…)
- Being unemployed
- Not having enough money for a service
- Being rejected by a restaurant
- Being rejected by a friend-of-a-friend
- Getting kicked-off the bowling team
I’m sure there’s a TON more, but those should help you get started
Wayno, thinking about slumberland, and being a TV Chef
I’ve never been invited to any of these. What conditions must be met before I get invited?
These happen late in the game when you reach certain (hidden) values, such as high kudos or IQ / Culture etc.
I got the team building one in one game when I was a lawyer, but I still haven’t been invited to any of the other three. I haven’t been very successful in those fields yet, though.