Corvettes, Destroyers and Super-Cruisers

So that’s what in the world a spanner is… I guess I always assumed it was some sci fi repair reference…

He created Uni-T… Too late!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL

i actually had to google translate it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve derailed the entire thread off-topic. This is embarrassing. Sorry, Lonestar.

lol ur so rite thats like omg roflcopter.

WTF is a ROFLCOPTER?!?!?!?!?!

Rolling
On
The
Floor
Laughing
'Cause
Of
People
That
Er…
Random?

Is my guess…

No worries - i’ve got your back.
Cleaning up the SuperCruiser MkII

SuperCruiser or a Destroyer ?

It’s this piece of aerial silliness, making fun of excessive use of internet acronyms:
And we struggle back onto topic.

That’s an unexpectedly radical direction you’ve taken those two along, Darkstar. I’m impressed. :slight_smile:

The more I look at the evolution of the second hull, the harder it is for me to view it as a little frigate-type ship. That may be my own mental blind spot and not necessarily any fault of the design work. It’s up to Lonestar, of course.

Since the ship is not in perspective (relative size to the rest of the fleet) it is a tough call.
I was looking at the overall shape and was just pondering the question . .

For my part (not that i really have a stake in this), I think the shape is good. Earlier, i hadn’t realized that the two pics weren’t at the same scale. My pain-relief medication has me a little distracted and dull today.

With that being the case, a scaled-down version of the hull in the second pic should make a cute little destroyer. Or not so “little” – as previously discussed here, DD hulls are typically the “biggest small units” in GSB.

Last Varient of the Super Cruiser Mk II

I enjoy the way you made the hangar-bay graphics oriented forward, while being at opposite sides of the aft hull’s leading edge. That placement lends a little bit of a “Galactica” feel while not being obviously of Battlestar Galactica at all. Nice.

For example, if (random number here) two module slots are assigned at each of those points on the hull, then having the fighters appear to enter and leave from carrier repair modules at those areas would be sweet. That effect can’t be executed perfectly, no, but it would still be cool.

If you look at the Uni-T carrier as an example. Where i have the flight decks you can place the Carrier Bay module directly over the landing zone . . Add a few navigation lights and then it looks like this ingame :slight_smile:

::Edit:: I seem to be getting fairly good at carrier bays so i updated the Unity landing strip . .

Mind readers! ALL OF YOU!!

i had that idea for the drone carrier…

atleast now i know that it looks great ingame :smiley:

THUD!!!
THUMP!!!

*Picks self up off the floor from falling off the chair, and then finds his jaw that has feel on the floor and rolled off to who know were. *

HOLY SHIP ! ! ! ! !

*does the worship bowing thing while chanting " I’m not worthy I’m not worthy" *

No Dude, you have HIT the nail atop the head square and sunk it into the wood in one blow, As with knocking this out of the park. I LOVE the Hammerhead ship, the carrier, and then second Supereagle MKII with the carrier bays facing forward. And that Smaller modified MKII can become a new destroyer. . . . I needed to replace the reduced eagle cruiser sprite as there is something wrong with it and I need to re work it some more.

Yes yes ALL ship hulls that i receive WILL have there ships listed from them and properly credited to those whom have made em. Once I start to release extra ships for the races They will come with a readme that credits the many people that have helped me with the making of this mod.

Also Darkstar076, would you mind finishing out the sprites of the following ships and get em to me. Both SuperEagle MKII’s, the first version “Hammerhead” Supereagle MKI, The shortend Supereagle MKII that you called a frigate, and then Supereagle Carrier. If you have time to make the finished hull, damaged and hulks in DDS format, and send em to me that would be epic man… If you can make the sprites in 1024x1024 except the destroyer that would be epic also…

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Darkstar! That idea came to me 2 months ago!!! I didn’t applied it because i haven’t anyone working on hulls, except randy, but seems to be dead or something xD

Really - only two months ago ?
Umm, check the file creation date on the Unity Carrier, has been around since August 2010 :slight_smile:

Lonestar - please confirm your order.
5 ships - Including Damage and Hulks graphics (no hull configuration files)
(Disclaimer - Please note that these sprites were only made in 512x512.)

Yes to all five, Thanks for the work man. And then hull configuration files and other goodies I think I can handle. About the 512x512 size it is a bummer, but it is better than nothing so It is just fine.

The original DDS files on my version are only 512x512 - (i wish i had the original files in higher def)