Game Resolution Incompatible

I cant play democracy 3… Whenever I start it up the screen is black and says resolution not compatible, I can still hear audio and click around but I cant see anything. Ive looked all around for a solution to this problem, I need to know what file I go to in order to change the games resolution. Can somebody please tell me…

are you playing it on a small screen laptop?
the file you are looking for is here:
\my documents\my games\democracy3\prefs.ini

No Im using a PC with an HDTV instead of a monitor, I tried changing it to my PC’s resolution which is 1280 x 1024 and it still wont show, if I make it start windowed the game appears in my face and I can only see 1/4 of the game… Ive tried this so many times with all possible resolutions and it still wont work. Please help, I would love to play this game…

What resolution is your hdtv? 1280x720 or 1920x1080? What GPU?

All it seem to handle is 1280 x 1024 and no matter what resolution I set it too, even 1280 X 1024 still doesn’t seem to work in fullscreen, which is quite strange.
And in windowed it doesn’t display the whole screen…

If you have win 7 try to disable visual themes, desktop composition or also set compatibility to Win Xp.

I had a similar problem with Prison Architect (I saw only 1/4 of the image) and solved this way.

I’ve tried setting the compatibility to XP, didn’t change a thing, as for the other options, I do in fact have a Vista so I don’t see those anywhere…