Help! Can't get game started!

Hi, I’m new here. I just downloaded the Democracy 2 demo, but when I tried to play it, it said, “D3D Error: Please check with publisher’s website for tech support details [SetDisplayMode]”. I’ve got a Windows XP, and I’m certain my computer fills the requirements to run it (along with a drive), and I even turned off my Norton’s Auto-Protect but it didn’t work. Can someone please help me?

Hi, what video card do you have, and what screen resolution, and also do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
Cheers

I’ve got a 800 x 600 view (smallest, default). Not sure how to get to my video card, but I think it’s a good enough model. I think…

Dude, I just switched the view to the next level and the game worked!!! Thanks a million, buddy!

Hello I’m getting the same issue. Does the game just not support anything lower than 1024x768? I am on a Netbook[1] so it max is 1024x600.

Cheers,
Mike

Debug.txt

----DEBUG FILE---- Windows XP detected WARNING - > invalid desktop resoltuion

drawdebug.txt

Initialising Direct Draw Attempting fullscreen mode Creating Context at 768 1024 32 Intel video card detected, forcing to 16 bit mode Forcing Fallback Init Attempting Fallback Init SetDisplayMode DDERR_UNSUPPORTED

1. MSI Wind if you need more details on GC etc - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSI_Wind

Ah, the game demands at least 768 res height :frowning:

Shame, the game would be ideally suited for dull plane trips.