[Mod Expansion] Uni-T mod Expansion: Hybrids

The purple/pink if for the glowing parts on the engines, so I add them when the ship design calls for it. I could add some more lights tho!

Nevermind, I just tried them out for real and when actually flying together, they look spectacular. :slight_smile: Totally no need for any changes.

Thanks, I’m working on some more frigs now, here is a sneak peak at one of them:

The Raven

It is still being tweaked to remove some of the hard/boxy edges… coming soon

Due to file corruption I had to scrap the Drake… sorry

Yay! Keep it up!

Updated to V1.4 with two new frigates!

How do you do this so quickly? It would take me days and days to make one of those. Great work!

I have NOTHING to do but mod… and mod… and i see that people like my work =D

I like em :slight_smile:

I can hardly wait till you’re finished! Then we won’t (hopefully) have the corrupted ships for Uni-T anymore (no offense darkstar) :slight_smile:

Nah, no offence taken - while yes i worked long and hard on those corrupted ships - if you don’t like them, then you don’t like them . . I do not and can not take offence at peoples opinion or constructive feedback :slight_smile:

Maybe if i had more time i would make them jet black with glowy bits, but for now i will stick with what i have.
If someone can suggest a better way to make the corrupt fleet look better then i am happy to hear it.

Either way, I will not be removing them from the mod, in the planned final version the corrupt fleet is a sub faction to Uni-T
In the earlier version they were part of the main fleet. But thanks to Xeranes’s hard work i can make the split now.

Eventually when the Union mod is complete i will finish of the rest of the Uni-T fleet.

So they’ll be a separate race selection or locked or something?

I think the plan is to have a “pseudo split” wh ere they will be in the same RACE but different distinctions in the name, like the difference between Corrupted and Uni-T.

Yes to both: So when you install the Mod there will be 2 new races:

• Uni-T
  • Uni-T:viral

The race Uni-T:viral will be locked down - so those who dont like the corrupt hulls dont have to look at them :wink:

The original plan was that the corrupt hulls were going to be Non Playable Races (complete with seperate turret graphics, music, etc). I had asked Cliff if it was possible, he indicated that he had given it thought but hasn’t got round to fully investigating it yet.

So i decided that this was the next best thing. This means that currently the Uni-T Fleet only has 2 expensive Super Cruisers and the pricy drones. To increase the fleet, it is highly recommended that you download xeranes mod !! . . and maybe the Uni-T mod :slight_smile:

Why thank you Darkstar! =D I guess I will take that as your official “Darkstar Seal of Awesomeness”

Well - i wanted to reserve judgment until such time as you have said your mod was complete. But i have seen ships I really like . . so yeah,

Sorry for the delay in making new ships… I’m waiting for Darkstar to come out with his Union mod so that I have a little more wiggle room! =)

C’mon mate :slight_smile:
you dont need to wait for the Union mod which Cen2050 and I are working on - (which is still progressing BTW)
You could always turn your attention to making some dreadnauts for the other races to FIGHT Unity.

Just a thought

Hello quick question i noticed you changed the colors of the ships i was wondering how you did that i am terrible with these kinda programs tbh and every attempt i have made to give my crusaders a proper paint job has turned out…rather amiss.

Any tips or do you know of any good guides? Should i recolor each piece before merging layers and editing?

s.w.a.t.

I would not call this a good guide, but this is how i have changed the colour on the Unity Ships.
Step 1: Break the ship down into 3 layers - Armor Plating, Glowy Bits, Hull. Generally gimp, paintshop etc, has the option to select areas based on colour - very useful for this part

Step 2: Modify each level untill you hit the colour you want.

• glowy bits: change the Hue until the warp nacels are purple
  • Armor Plating: Desaturate and change the brightness and contrast until you get the black luster

Step 3: Merge layers :slight_smile:

Tip. Once you have exploded the ship. Save it somewhere in case you change your mind on the colour scheme

Thanks i will look into breaking them up into layers :slight_smile:

Just wish i thought of that before i merged them all together while making them hehe

s.w.a.t.

Some turrets don’t fit right on the turret wells, but other than that this is a pretty solid addition.