[MOD] Galactic Concordium

I’m on a mac also. I’ve noticed that there are a number of call-outs for DDS files that the mac version has as a PNG. Doesn’t seem to make any difference, the file, if it’s the same name otherwise, is displayed.

I’m using Graphic Converter from LemkaSoft to open DDS graphics and save them as PNG. It preserves the alpha channel issue wihtout any problems.

Well, I tried using the Graphic Converter you were talking about, but with still no success, so I’m still not sure what to do.

My mod only works on version 1.47 with the swarm and tribe expansion pack. Big ships will crash the game if u dont update the version of your game. About the blank squares, if u are sure that u have all the specifications to the png files changed, i really dont have any idea wat must be your problem. I tried changing the dds for png and the game works fine too, so i dont have any idea. I am not a mac expert -.-

BTW, i suggest u to wait till i update this mod, removing some sprites and fixing some issues.

Hi, I love your mod (any mod that includes cruisers that look like recolored G’Quan class heavy cruisers and/or Serenity gets my love). I do have one problem, though. Every time I try to play through the mission The First Wave I get this error. I went into the document for The Second Wave mission to unlock it to see if it was just The First Wave, but I get the same error.

I tried changing my hardware acceleration, but nothing worked. So I thought I’d let you know as I’m not sure what to do about this.

I am pretty sure that error means that a sound effect is missing.
For this mod you will need the swarm expansion pack

I have the Swarm expansion pack (as well as the Order and the Tribe).

I have had a look around and i cant seen anything within the first mission that might cause the problem. I cant do much more until i get home so i can load the mod and play it on my test environment.

This might not be the mod causing the problems - Do you have any other mods installed ?

I have the Uni-T mod installed, but I’ve tried a most of its weapons and I haven’t had a problem with them so far (there are still a few that I haven’t tried yet, though). I’ll plow through the last few Uni-T weapons to see if that’s the issue.

Edit: None of the weapons in the Uni-T mod seem to be causing this.

Finally got around downloading this (a bit late lol). Nice quantity of scenarios you added there :slight_smile:

The problem you’re having Enkeli is caused by a misplacement of the music file. Go to …/GSB/Galactic Concordium/data/sounds grab the music folder there and move it to …/GSB/data/sounds. Doing that you should be able to play any scenario vs GC then.

Ah! That was it! Thank you, SirJamon. :slight_smile:

These four modules are missing the “restricted = concordium” line:

Concordium Cruiser Ecm Shield
Concordium Fighter Fision Engine
Concordium Frigate Ecm Shield
Concordium Frigate Fision Engine

Is that on purpose?

no, its not -.- i knew i was forgot some things, btw i will remove the mod link till i finish the update.

Well people, i updated the link with the new version of the mod. This is the “final” one, now i only will update minor balance fixes and maybe some new ships on a future, but not for sure. If u guys find something weird or something that i missed let me now. Enjoy!

unable to download due to bandwidth usage up, I would liek to get this and even though i do not have thew swarm DLC I would attmpt to make it compatable with my stuff. Since I feel though of getting all the DCL when i though i would be able too.

Well i just uploaded it, so just wait a bit, maybe the link is still not available. Yup, u can make the mod compatible even if u dont have the swarm pack, just remove the impulse bomb module (as i remember is the only module that uses the swarm expansion). The problem is that u will need to remove all references to that module, exactly the references that are placed in the ship files on the /ships folder. If u make a search of that module in the ships folder it will bring up the files that contains that module and u can remove em easily.

As of 4:20pm (est) the download is working properly.

file unavailable as of 3:50p est…maybe still uploading?

Okay, I’m very, very confused as to how to get this mod to work…I downloaded and unzipped it…but I can’t seem to get it to work…I keep getting one error message or another when I try going into the unlock screen…could someone please tell me exactly where everything is suppose to be?

When u unzip the rar file, u should get 3 items: Galactic Concordium folder, Data folder and the important_readme.txt file. U need to place the Galactic Concordium folder and the data folder on the base folder of the game, overwriting files when asked. Read the important_readme file for details about locked turrets and fleet hq.

Yay!!!
I guess it’s because first I extracted it outside of the folder and then tried manually moving everything into the GSB folder…so I extracted it inside the folder this time and it worked!!

Your ships are amazing!!!

And I’m so glad I have things to save up for again!! My 550,000 was finally spent!!