[MOD] Praetorian Industries v1.2b

Here is an example of the turret / ship i made for ponyus:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5690&start=45#p39584
Based on what your saying, I am assuming that this is too big.

I should be able to work out something/

Attempt III
Been tinkering . . In theory:
Balista Cannon / LRLR / Deadly Flash

I might wait for your concept art before i continue working on the turret designs.
BTW - If these are the turrets your not looking for, do not worry they will not go to waste.

I could use them . . . elsewhere

those are awsome O.O and btw whenever i use the deadly flash it just comes up with a white box as the ā€˜flashā€™? is this suppost to happen?

The problem is from not having the correct blast texture - in this case
blasttexture = ā€œbeam_yellow_shortatlas.ddsā€

If you look at the first post there is a link to this texture mediafire.com/?phcnodkdd0h3119
Download it and place it in Gratuitous Space Battles\data\bitmaps\fx

That should fix the problem :slight_smile:

OMG, these are perfect, just one thing, if you can and if not too much trouble, they will look great ingame if you change the colors for the bullet colors, i mean, the ballista es perfect because the bullet is green, the LRLR bullet is violet and the Deadly flash beam is yellow-orange so if you can change the colors of the turrent will be great.

Anyways, EPIC guns!

Q: For use this weapons we will need to create a folder with praetorian industries mod as the other mods?
it will be better than add mods to the original folders, but idk how to do it xD

hey wait, OMG they come with custom blast_texture effecs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Create a new folder in your GSB root with the name of your mod. Place the files in there in the appropriately named directories (inside a ā€œdataā€ directory). Add a file to data/installs (in your main GSB data directory) called <mod_name>.txt with the following:

[config]
path =

So youā€™ll end up with

gratuitous space battles/<mod_name>/data/ <---- files go here
gratuitous space battles/data/installs/<mod_name>.txt

So like this ?

Slight problem with the LRLR bullet. To change the colour of the bullet you have to edit bullets.dds which is a stock file.
So the people that want to use your mod will have to change the original bullet file.

Yeah, it kinda adds the finishing touch to the weapon . .

I love them! marry me?
xD

uhm, not really, the laser color 3 is light violetā€¦Ā“

EDIT: So, i re-packed the mod, now itā€™s like the other mods, a install and a folder, easier to remove. Iā€™m sorry for those who downloaded the first pack, but they will need to remove all my modules one per oneā€¦ a recomendation, go to the module/sound/bitmaps folders, do right click and select the ā€œmodifiedā€ icon organization option, then you can see and delete them faster.
Oh remember to delete the ships created using my modules in my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles\ships

EDIT2: I will share the new pack with the 13th release.

It must be my old 21ā€™ CRT monitor then, cause number 3 looks blue :wink:

Dosnā€™t Matter - If your happy with No. 3 then that makes things easy
Yeap, that still works. Ok, the only think left to do is to download your mod and package them up into the frame work.

Ah, one more thing. If you want these custom turrets in one of the stock races, then you need to insert the turret mapping for that race. For example, i added in these 3 lines into rebel.txt to make the turrets avalaible for the rebels.

test_auto_v1 = New_Auto_Turret.dds,turrets_unit_test.dds,0
test_bull_v1 = New_Bull_Turret.dds,turrets_unit_test.dds,1
test_beam_v1 = New_Las_Turret.dds,turrets_unit_test.dds,2

Or, your other option is for Praetorian Industries to start deploying their own ships to ā€œtestā€ these weapons . .
up to you

Gah, you are right, idk why but when i tested it I thought I saw light violet:

itā€™s blueā€¦ -.-ā€™

Sorry butā€¦ can u make the weap blue with a touch of violet mixed? because the violet looks good :stuck_out_tongue:

Prob because you tested on a map with a red filter :stuck_out_tongue:

I am getting ready to head out to work now, so i will have to continue when i get back. I strongly suggest that we do not modify the bullets just yet. Once i have packaged up your turrets and folded them into your mod, we can look at the bullets and other options.

No no, i never wanted to change the bullets. that was just a mistake xP
Well, now im working on the anihilator wave projector, and no, is not a big bullet :wink:

Edit: ohhhhā€¦ F***!!! another imposible projectā€¦ i cant make the anihilator wave projector because it should fire one or two hundreds of bullets with almost 0 damage in just miliseconds, buuut that is not posible because if you put an extremely low value (like 0.00001) it does not work, first, because the game doesnā€™t accept that kind of values, itā€™s just too small, and second even if you put 0, it did not matter. The game cant fire all the shots at the same timeā€¦
So, how works the Anihilator Wave Projector? it SHOULD fire hundreds if bullets in milisecons, and, with the help of that ā€œdispersionā€ what the gun does when shot to big ships (it shots at the hull everywere) we have a wave, and more, with a little more bullets and less tracking speed, various bullets will fail and then it will be more realistic, like a ship passing throught a energy wave.
And making the bullets very slow, we have a energy/plasma wall projector. In combination with a fast ship, we have something like a minefield, but with walls making imposible travel to enemy ships.
Again, F***!

@Cliffski, please please please please, make lower more lower the minimum fire interval/salvo interval, and if you can, enable the posibility of shot all the salvos at the same timeā€¦

1 Like

If you look at the code i sent you earlier for the Radioactive shotgun. That also suffers from the same problem, the fastest ROF you will get is 1. Instead of lowering the refire rate, I would suggest an option to have a shotgun effect (so each round has x number of bullets). Which might lead to a form of flak cannon ?

Yeah, changing the bullets graphic can lead to a headache. I have done that with unity, but it is done in a way as to not effect the original game. (basically i only changed the bullets that are not being used by any of the other races). However, if another mod makes changes to bullets then we have problems. Hopefully Cliff can alter the code slightly so we can choose which DDS file is used to draw the bullet.

Anyways, coffee break is over
Back to work

Thanks for the mod I added a new on

also for campaign mode i added this
FRIGATE_carrier bay

[config]
unlockcost = 600
lockable = 1
classname = "SIM_CarrierModule"
category = "OTHER"
size = "FRIGATE"
name = "FRIGATE_carrier"
guiname = "Carrier Support Bay"
description = "Fighter pilots always end up damaging the things, so be sure to invest in this portable fighter-repair yard to patch them up mid-battle. Ensure you order the pilots to be cautious."
weight = 135
hitpoints = 105
cost = 150
icon = module_carrier.dds
crew_required = 22
repair_rate = 0.05
powerconsumed = 2.0
slot_type = STANDARD
stack_effectiveness = 1.0
maxrepairsupplies = 500
uisortpos = 4112

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = crew_required,INTEGER
5 = repair_rate,DECIMAL
6 = maxrepairsupplies,INTEGER

your welcome to use them as you see fit and with any mod you want to make on them

uhm, arenā€™t those from experimentals mod? i could swear what those description and names are the same than the ones in Experimentals Modā€¦
Anyways thx

Doh i think your right the anti air is from another mod my faultā€¦

the frig carrier bay is a moded cruiser bay

That will be really really great, this is one of the things more needed on the mod community.

About the shotgun, thats easy (i have shotguns on one of my mods), but be aware u will almost not seeing the bullets so the bullet texture is useless , just put fire interval 0, salvo of 4, 5 or watever u want and very high speed. U got the shotgun. Now, the sound makes the weapon to appear more realistic, so u will need to find a good shotgun sound.

I dont like to modify the bullets.txt file, even if the sprite is not being used by other races (i assume u did a ā€œsearchā€ just to be sure all the sprites on the bullets texture file are not used). I think Clifnski will modify this, as is one of the most asked features of the mod community.

As i was discussing with Praetors earlier in a private message, even when you put the refire rate at 0 you still will not get the shotgun effect he was searching for as the game has to draw each bullet one at a time and determin if it will hit the target or not.

The effect that we wanted was to have several bullets drawn at the same time, At this point in time it is not currently possible. (although it may change in later updates)

yep, unfortunately, that is rightā€¦

@Nemesis: well, I have to admit, your shotgun was what gave me the idea to make a wave projector, because it looks like a real shotgun, butā€¦ when i slow down the game speed and pause in the right moment, I sadly saw how it worksā€¦

Question: The camouflage disable all weapons? there is any way to evade the weapon deactivation?

well, now im trying to make various modules, i think what the wall projector is possible, making slow the bullets, maybe it can work.
Oh and im trying to make a flamethrower with lasers, idk if it will work :wink:
But im working slow because im studing for final tests.

Well, a wave proyector should be just a bullet weapon with weight and height changed (like a psionic wave), nothing to do with a shotgun, that is just a salvo bullet weapon with no interval between shots.
The flamethrower is impossible since u cant use custom bullet textures. What the hell is the wall projector??

Yes the camouflage disable all weapons, it doesnt make sense to allow firing while in camouflage mode, besides the camouflage module implies the deactivation of the weapons, implicit in the module code. Only Clinfski can change thatā€¦