[MOD] Star Blazers!

As requested by Blaigh…click here. It’s the same woefully outdated material that’s been in the wild ever since tater abandoned his mod nearly a year ago. Even so, it’s still better than nothing. Let me know if that Megaupload link has any problems.

Thanks Astro, I have just downloaded it.

It works fine. I just hate how Macs cant use .rar files, but I’m solving that for me by buying Parallels after Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FORUM PPL,

Blaigh.

I’m very pleased that you’re enjoying the mod, but this sentence in your post left me baffled. Macs have no problem handling .rar archives. The functionality may or may not be built directly into OS X, but there are thousands of shareware & freeware apps that get various jobs done in the Apple realm (just as there are thousands in the Windows realm). I take it that you haven’t Googled the issue, as The Unarchiver would be known to you. That’s what I’ve been using, and it unpacks .rars with ease. UnRarX has also been of assistance to me.

Don’t rely solely upon your computer’s operating system to tell you that you can or cannot do a particular thing. :wink: There’s often a very cheap (or free!) and convenient solution, if you take the time to do some very simple research.

Parallels will gladly allow you to run Windows apps on your Mac - it creates a virtual machine where you can natively install a legal copy of Windows - but it doesn’t magically alter in any way your Mac’s ability or inability to interpret .rar archives. Just wanted to insure that you’re not about to buy your way into a solution for a problem other than the one you believe you suffer from.

I just re tried this old (but still very fun) mod. At the end of each battle, GSB crashes, and i get the following message in the error log :

25/2/2011 - 14::43 - Turret mapping not found [missile_tubes] ==> [federation]:..\src\SIM_Race.cpp 249 25/2/2011 - 14::54 - Turret mapping not found [turret_ca_single] ==> [federation]:..\src\SIM_Race.cpp 249

I suppose this comes from the invisisble turrets the mod is using. Anyone knows what to change to prevent the crash ?

Due to the stats screen that is at the end of each battle this mod will crash.
In the GSB Modding 101 is a explanation on how to solve this problem.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5220#p34370
Instructions to make your modded weapons compatible with v1.50

Thanks. I just applied the modifications. Going to test if it works !

let me know if you have any problems . . ( i might have to rewite the guide if people are having a hard time finding it )

It appears it worked. So I suppose your guide is precise enough as is :slight_smile:

I’ve uploaded the modified version if anyone is interested : StarBlazers v0.62

youtube.com/watch?v=0P1fYzkgDAo&NR=1

For your listening pleasure.

i’m getting an error with this version that i didnt get in the prievious star blazers version…

18/3/2011 - 2::9 - Ship Hull not found ->:…\src\SIM_ShipHull.cpp 503

It’s not specifying a ship hull which is making it a bit difficult to find out just what the HELL happened.

I get this whenever trying to go to the Ship Design from a battle screen with the EDF race chosen.

EDIT: As I suspected, It works fine when going to the ship design through the main menu.

I have installed the mod and can not recreate the error you have come across . .
Have you tried deleting all ship design and the mod itself then reinstalling ?

weird… i wonder what the hell happened? I’m not getting the error today, and I’ve made no changes whatsoever.

Hello!

I’ve installed two days ago this mod… great work! I love it!

I was just wandering what kind of weapon use to simulate the “Wave Motion Gun” :slight_smile: Any suggestion?

I’m trying to add the “Andromeda” to the EDF Fleet too. If I can (I’m testing it) I will post it there.

See you soon!

My test with the “Andromeda” was good!

I think I got a nice result.
I’ve also added the “Borodino” with good result.

I’ve also add the “Wave Motion Engine” that give some more energy than standard Module.

My last add was the “Wave Motion Gun” but I’m not satisfy with that.

This evening (my time) I hope I could add some screenshots :slight_smile:

See you later!

I loved Star Blazers / Space battleship Yamato. I just found this game and this mod. I just wanted to offer my thanks to those who worked on it.

it was tater and he was a good modder. sadly he refused to continue work on this mod due to…well i dont know but I might try to upgrade this myself later

I’d like to thank the people who worked on this too.
Any work you do is appreciated by those of us who don’t know how!

Just to add to this:

1. Is anyone interested in finishing this mod? Modders? PLease? I love it so far - it would be good to see it finished.
  2. It seems that when I try to issue a challenge to myself this mod crashes every time. If anyone who knows what they are doing can give me some insight in how to sort this problem out, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Looks like all the download links no longer work :frowning: Would someone be kind enough to upload v0.62? I’d love to take a look at this.

Thanks,

-Dan

mediafire.com/?swwqf7idwvieamu