[Mod] The Traders [WIP]

I like it, but, why that glow? it is carrying some high-energy cargo?

In-game explanation:

Real explanation:
The Order glowing lights were a challenge. Unsure of a workaround, I just took the idea and went with it. In-game it will only be a pulse glow.

Ohhh i see it now. Good job, keep it up!

Construction Log #E636A7
CLASSIFIED TRANSMISSION

Construction completed on first Ottawa-class Commerce Station, 2 months ahead of schedule
Final length exceeds target length of 800m
Primary docking bays each contain the space to hold a Vancouver Superfreighter and still service multiple other vessels, a 154% capacity increase from their predecessor bays
Fueling Station surpassed target capacity by 37%, and is able to fully supply our fleets for 46% longer than before
6 Hangars have been constructed for fighters and other small craft
Tram system is fully operational, reducing station transit times by 41%
Station weapon capacity will exceed the planned 28% increase

Introducing the Trader’s first station and second boss unit. This station will come in two variants; the one you fight and the one you use. While one works identical to any other ship, the other version is a VERY armed 5 segment ship with entire fleets stored inside. (Don’t think I won’t abuse that last part) Each segment gets its own hull bonuses too. And of course there’s more to those trams than meets the eye.

Fun fact, most of the ship was built from the tail of a Federation Fox Frigate. I may give it a fresh coat of paint later to improve appearance

I needs some more details (bridges here, windows there, irregularities, lights, etc) but i like it!
As suggestion, try to use pulseglows in this hull, mainly over the “tram system” (only over the beams) cuz if you do, you will get cool and more realistic visuals :wink:

I do agree it needs some extra bits, I’ll add some later. Probably some turret slots too.

And I did plan to make the tram system extra visually appealing, with pulseglows being the likely choice. I also had an idea with damage textures I wanted to try out that would make it look really awesome and more realistic too.