Hi again! we just set build 1.38 live. Here is the full changelist (quite a long one this time…)
- [GUI] Research button tooltips now color to show design/main R&D and queued items by different colors.
- [GUI] Marketing menu button now greyed out until you have placed your first marketing facility.
- [GUI] Configure imports button is now a tab on the slot window instead of a separate confusing window!
- [GUI] The sales matrix now greys out and adds a new tooltip for body styles you have not yet researched.
- [GUI] The list of car options on the design window is now more visually responsive.
- [GUI] New window created to make the task of assigning newly-researched techs to car models much simpler.
- [GUI] Clicking on a disabled (due to tech) slot on the slot picker window now launches the research screen focused on the required tech.
- [Simulation] Supply stockpiles now need import priorities researched to configure them.
- [Graphics] All animations now correctly stop when game is paused.
- [Feature] Cars now stop, and slots display a warning, if a feature is on a cars design but cannot be installed at a slot.
- [Bug] Deleting an office no longer removes the pre-existing partitions.
- [Bug] Fixed bug where under certain circumstances there would be ‘orphaned’ zoom-out icons for cars.
- [GUI] Summary of achievement progress added to the main menu and loading screens.
- [GUI] Some UI windows now expand to fit available & required room.
- [GUI] Corrected wrong scrolling on the sales showroom window.
- [Simulation] Deleting a slot now credits you with a full refund of the value of any stock in its stockpile.
- [GUI] When a customers budget is high enough, the feedback on insufficient features now mentions a reasonable missing feature.
- [Bug] Fixed crash bugs and hangs when returning to the game after sleep/lock/alt+tab.
- [GUI] Hold down CTRL now (not shift) if you temporarily want to bypass the delete confirm GUI. shift selects the conveyors.
- [Feature] New car feature, upgrade & research item: Side airbags!
I guess the big changes here are the import control moving to a tab, the all-new post-research features dialog, and the resolution-adapting windows so you get to use more of those bigger monitors.
The top priority according to player-votes seems to be conveyor logic control, which is basically being able to place a special conveyor junction with the option to control which car designs go through which exit, which will allow you to have a ‘;fast’ lane for budget cars and a slower lane for the high-end ones that need a lot of features. This will take a little while to design and get right, but I think it will be cool. It involves a lot of tricky code to work into the existing stuff…
if you want to see a video showing off most of the new stuff, check out our latest video blog here:
Thanks for your support.