No soundfx issue

I recently purchased GSB through Steam and there’s music and menu sounds but no other sounds associated with ships and their weapons. Any ideas?

It’s possible some files didn’t download properly. Have you tried removing local files and redownloading the game?

I may do that after consulting Steam’s help desk. For some reason I also remember that also occuring in the demo I downloaded directly from Positech about a year ago.

I just bought the game and I thought the exact same thing. I thought my game was broken but it isn’t.

Sound effects are in the game and working but you must go to maximum zoom in order to hear them. Of course while at maximum zoom you cannot really see what is happening so you are faced with a terrible choice: See the battle and no sound effects or see a tiny bit of the battle and hear sound effects.

People will say that all sound effects on a maximum zoomed out screen will just be a mess but I do not see why you cannot just give me the sound effects of a small-medium sized square in the center of the screen so I can hear the sound effects of the stuff I am watching and it would be nice. Or maybe make the sounds farther from the center of the screen a lot quieter than the ones in the direct center of the screen, I dunno. I’m pretty sure other games I’ve played have had large battles and sound effects that you could hear.

Also, the game doesn’t like it when I alt-tab in full screen, when I alt-tab back to it it just displays a black screen and the game closes when I open the manual from the ingame menu (lols?) But the game takes like a whopping .2 seconds from starting the game to being able to select options so that’s awesome.

Don’t forget to adjust the various volume controls on the options page.

Turned out to be an easy fix, just had to turn down the sound hardware acceleration one notch. If I read another post correctly (probably didnt), that GSB was built around an earlier form of DirectX and would explain not being able to use full acceleration.

Wow thanks, this worked for me too and I can now hear all sound effects. I’m using some ancient sound blaster audigy card and never had issues in other games.

the easy are always teh most amusing…

[quote="Dyers_Eve Wow thanks, this worked for me too and I can now hear all sound effects. I’m using some ancient sound blaster audigy card and never had issues in other games.[/quote]
Glad I could help in a round about way, I’ve got a Audigy card thats only two years old and never have this problem on any thing. Gotta love that the only form of real tech support I could get is the forums and not fearing on messing with my computer.