If you want to test this:
BACK up your entire program files\Gratuitous Space Battles beta folder and the
\MyDocuments\MyGames\Gratuitous Space Battles folder
Then install this patch:
positech.co.uk/gratuitousspa … eta120.exe
And see what you think, any comment much appreciated. Changes are:
- Optimisation so that selecting many ships on the deployment screen does not slow down on lower spec machines.
- You can now select the change race button to browse races even when they are not selectable.
- Optimized drawing the challenge browser so its much faster on older PCs.
- New window lets you view who played the challenges you submitted, and when.
- Challenge browser now defaults to sorting by date
- New module type: Carrier Support module allows for mid-battle fighter repairs.
- Fighters no longer fly en-masse above other ships, but are now more realistically distributed so they fly above and below cruisers for added 3dness
- Fixed crash if the game loaded an old challengelist file with missing data.[/code]
This will stay up for a few days possibly, as I’m away at a games conferencey thing Wednesday/Thursday.
EDIT: This patch has been updated, re grab and run it now if you installed this one before!