If you feel adventurous, back up ALL your stuff (game folder and the mydocs part) and then give this patch a go:
- New multi-threaded asynchronous wonder-message keeps you updated while new challenge lists get downloaded. ooh
- unusable ship icons on deployment screen now have a tooltip that explains exactly why each one can not be used.
- Icons on the fleet HQ window are now sorted in order of expenses, with already-unlocked icons pushed to the end.
- Gratuitous cinematic wipes added.
- There is a new option ‘run in background’ to let the game continue running while you use another program.
- The order of modules in the ship design screen module-picker is now organised around module type and capabilities, so less confusing
- Added new graphics for federation megaton missile turret and cruiser light shields to make visually recognizing the modules a bit easier, also changed some of the graphics used by certain modules.
- Fixed crash bug if you assign 2 ships to have formations with each other, then start the game.
- Revamp of the whole unlocking system, where the amounts all changed, and you now have to unlock certain ship hulls and races as well as modules.
- ECM shock renamed to EMP cannon.
- Some balancing of the achilles fighter.
Feedback very welcome. If there are no enw bugs or crashes or disasters I’ll be releasing this to everyone properly late today or maybe tomorrow morning.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PATCH WILL MEAN SOME PREVIOUSLY USABLE STUFF IS NOW LOCKED. (some people might be miffed by that, if you don’t have the honor handy to unlock them).