Predictions for obmas first 100 days?

Press likes him not because Obama is good, but because he is a stupid liberal (specifically him, and everyone on capital hill, who don’t know how to run a free market :confused: ). Bush isn’t much different from Obama in direction…Obama is just going to get us there quicker :frowning: And there is not good. Honestly, I liked the idea of me being able to decide if I wanted to eat Mac and Cheese or Hot Dogs, but even that will be under government control before Obama leaves office…I won’t get started on my parent’s tax money though.

I thought by this time the press would be harder on BO. If you actually look at things, the press is willing to surrender everything to this administration, like ABC. And a lot of these liberal news media companies would welcome nationalization with open arms. A true free market economy wouldn’t be run by the government. The government’s role would be to protect the consumers from scams and such. The economy the government wants to run they won’t even do right.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/01/obama_as_liberal_messiah.html

You were close when you said the “press like him not because Obama is good, but because he is a stupid liberal”. The press, who seems to be majority liberal, would look at BO as a god, or the “Messiah” as some have called him. The part in the link above about foreign tyrannical governments may very well explain most of BO’s approach to foreign affairs. He seems to go out of his way to verbally support tyrannical Middle East Islamic countries, but wants to keep Israel in line. Is this possibly why he seems to be so hush-hush on Iran?

Being that I have a PHD in Economics, I have a great understanding of what would have happened if we did not bailout the banks or the financial institutions. Do you have a 401k plan? Do you have money in any bank? Well, many people do if you do not. That would all be wiped out. The FDIC is struggling to keep up with 90 banks, how would they keep up with 1,000s? They wouldn’t be able too. The economy as a whole, global or country, would have completely collapsed. Your job would probably be gone. This would have been much much worse then the Great Depression.

Funny how you mention George Bush, considering this happened on his watch. In 2006 things really began to go awry. We did not see these things really pop up until 2007-2008. The economic boom was based on credit. People were spending like there was no tomorrow, and once that credit maxed out, well, hell broke loose, as we have seen.

If anything, we should consider moving towards Independents. Say screw this two part system, and go for someone who has never had control, and really change things.

Also, you have to remember, Obama’s first 100 days were trying to save the economy, getting his agenda through, and praying things don’t fall apart in the process. Considering it is September, and job losses have dropped by over 500,000, sales are up, things are improving. But, we are years away from being were we once were. Hopefully, people wise up and don’t spend what they do not have, like that will happen.

Amazing how people want jobs, I thought everyone supported piracy? Who is going to provide you a job when you do not plan to buy anything, but rather take?

Bush did attempt to get Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under control, but Congress didn’t support it. My issues with Obama aside, I have bigger issues with Congress. Did you know they gave themselves a bigger budget this year? They don’t even attempt to read the bills. Their approval rating is dismal, yet the American people repeatedly re-elect them to office.

In retrospect, do you think Obama had any interest in saving the economy as quickly as possible? I’m willing to bet he thought that the longer the economy was down, the greater the chance he could get the social programs that the left wanted for years through. Like Rahm said, “don’t let a good crisis go to waste.”

Here is my issue with a one party Congress, it sucks. There is very little debate, which goes with their lack of reading bills. Something needs to be done with this, but nothing will be done.

Giving themselves a bigger budget is a bad idea. We should be tightening the budget to keep things low. I am a supporter of spending for things that need to be done: getting the roads fixed, getting schools up-to-date, and getting our energy situation under control. To do the last part, make government buildings as energy efficient as possible. Get solar panels up, use better lightbulbs, bring in more energy star products, and I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. This alone would save the taxpayer in the long run in these costs. We want to drive vehicles that allow for energy efficient vehicles, which means smaller vehicles. We need roads that allow for this, get them fixed. The current school system it out of date. Lets start remodeling them by making them energy efficient as government buildings. Make Science, Math, English, and foreign language classes the center piece. Science and math is easy to understand why. Most kids today can barely speak or write English, fix the problem. How many Americans can speak more than one language? Exactly. Also, kids need to come out knowing how to use the Office Suite, whether it is Microsoft or Open, teach it. Another thing is speaking in front of a lot of people. I cannot believe how poorly people speak in large groups.

As for their approval rating, Congress usually has a poor approval rating, not a big deal to me.

As for Obama and his interests, I don’t know what he is thinking. For a President to walk into a mess like he did, it is a great opportunity to get his programs through. It would be great for any President for that reason alone. Our economy needs reshaping, whether these programs are the way to go, we will know down the road. It is a guessing game right now. What have we done as a country to prepare for the future? Very little. At least someone is trying to do something.

Well, its almost been a year now and it looks he hasn’t accomplished a lot. As a matter of fact it seems he has taken a turnaround on some of the issues, like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now he’s sending more troops instead of ending the wars like he said before the election. And for that he gets the nobel peace prize haha…also, Guantanamo is still not closed, no health care reform, no energy reform. Granted some people are giving him and his administration a tough time but to be honest and as cliffski wondered about in his opening post, it looks like he has gotten sucked up into the status quo/special interest sectors like most presidents before him. He doesn’t seem to mind much…?

[size=85]Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else.
My flash drive: Sony Micro Vault Tiny[/size]