Previously unlocked races re-locked?!

I hadn’t loaded up the game in several days. Upon loading it again, it acted as though I were a new user, with instructions telling me how the game worked at each step of the way. Upon going into Battles/Change Race, my previously unlocked Alliance and Empire races were locked up again. Has anyone else seen this?

I think it re-locked all of the hardware options which had been unlocked for ship design, too.

I’m left with Federation and Tribe, and none of the unlocked ship modules.

The main screen does say version 1.27.

It seems like you lost/deleted the file unl.dat in
C:\Documents and Settings[b]<your_username>[/b]\My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles

ah, but he said he had the tutorial running as well. it seems more likely he deleted the entire C:\Documents and Settings<your_username>\My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles folder. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s what probably happened: This computer is 2nd-hand, and had folders for previous users. I did delete one of the username folders under the ‘documents and settings’ tree.

Happily, was able to quick accrue 75,000+ honour and ‘re-unlock’ a bunch of stuff.

Anyway, at first it was quite the mystery; then I began wondering about some of the stuff which had been deleted over the past few days.

Thanks for the confirmation.