The GSB2 Pak Exporter Utility

Ok, here is a simple command line tool that you can use to export GSBs pak files to get at the internal.s
Just drag and drop a pak file onto this programs icon (its a command line tool) and it will extract the whole thing…

Download link:
http://www.gratuitousspacebattles2.com/downloads/PakExporter.exe

Let me know if you have any problems with it!

I get the error “cannot start because d3dx9_41 dll missing” upon launching.

DIrectx is fully updated and the dll is definitely present in the system32 folder.

any advice?

This tool for pak export does not function with the Mac version of the game. How soon may we expect one that does?

hmmm. That DLL is in the games main folder (with the exe). Does copying it to the same folder as the exporter fix it?

Balls…good point. I shall have to investigate this…

Please take note that a Mac version of the pak exporter (the current quick version here, as well as the fully-featured version to follow it) is going to need to accommodate Mac users across a wide expanse of operating systems as well as hardware.

This ranges from the 32-bit 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, to 64-bit Lion (post-10.7.5), and fully 64-bit operating systems Mountain Lion 10.8, Mavericks 10.9, and Yosemite 10.10. (And God-only-knows what new iteration of OS X that Apple chooses to release later this year.) Whoever is porting this pak program from Windows to Mac (or writing one as a 100% Mac-native utility?) should be mindful of this. Thank you!