The official 'Outcasts' race preview image thread!

I could still be wrong, what I listed is just my best guess.

Does anyone recognize the weapon on the Radium? Not the Cruiser Beam Laser firing at the frigate, but the orange beam that barely extends across the hull, starting at the aft portside turret, and doesn’t have any apparent target?

It looks like a Hi-Speed Point Defense (which uses a thin Orange Beam)
But as to what that weapon it is on that Radium Cruiser - I am not 100% sure

This can’t be a Hi-Speed Point Defense cause the PD don’t have the “firedelay” feature.
It’s seam to be a variant of the beam with firedelay…

What if its not fire delay we are seeing but the laser fading out after hitting the missile ?
But yes I also think that it also could be a fire delayed beam. If that is the case then its possible that your looking at the Outcasts unique weapon :slight_smile:

In other words, i hope your right because i want new weapons . .

For 3 reasons:

1. Missile can’t penetrate shield (and a ship of that size and of this speed get a 90% chance of hit).
    2)There is no missile’s trail.
    3)There is no missile destruction smoke.

Me too (The fact I’m right and the new weapons ^^ )

Edit: It’s funny how our dear Cliffski hide the ship modules so we can’t see the precise weaponry/utility modules of this ship ^^

Probably the same reasons i am thinking of why its not a PD

If the missile misses the PD will still shoot at it. .

Yes - i also been wondering about. When a PD destroys a missile, the trail does not vanish straight away.

Thats the other one i have been thinking about - When a PD hits a missile, it does leave a puff of smoke.

So when you rule out the possible existing weapons - all that remain however improbable, must be true. .
NEW TOY !!!

The final new cruiser: The plutonium class. Enjoy!

[size=200]MMM DONUTS[/size]

Very funny design anyway

HOLY MOTHER OF . . . . Gratuitous space battles! or would that be father??

Anywho I Love the new ships, that latest cruiser has me thinking about something on it. The little blue rectangles that are on it make me think somewhat of solar panels And maybe it gets a little power boost from them? I really like what you did with these and look forward to seeing there fighters and other frigates.

ditto that =D
Lovely designs ^^

Those ships are awesome… Great designs Cliff!

solar powered donut! YES! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Last new ship (apart from the fighters) is the Caesium frigate. Now I need to sort out the turrets, then the new module designs…

Top right corner: I think I see a new fighter design. Health bar on left has some new fighter-like designs.

I think you’re right. It looks to me like it’s the silhouette third from the bottom. The silhouettes second and fourth from the bottom look like the fighters in the Palladium picture, so I guess those are also fighters for the Outsiders.

Still leaves the question of what the fifth and sixth silhouettes from the bottom are, since they cannot be Caesium frigates or Plutonium cruisers.

They look like fighters of some sort… And really like the new frigate, although the “Spokes” in the center of the ship look a tad out of place.

Right then…more images and debate here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7718&p=60059#p60059