Updated to 1.36 here are the changes

Full changelist:

[1.36]

1. Fixed crash bug if a custom party name ended with a space.
  2. The General Media Censorship policy now makes success more likely for media spin events.
  3. Re-balancing of dilemmas, events and situations.
  4. Re-organized the options screen to more clearly show what options affect gameplay, and what options are just user-interface.
  5. Fixed UI bug when dragging horizontal scrollbar sliders with the mouse.
  6. UK has junk food tax to represent the ~$500m a year it gets from the ‘Soft Drinks Industry Levy’.
  7. Technology is slightly harder to raise now.
  8. New policies: Workers Dividends and Cryptocurrency Ban.
  9. New buttons at the top of the new policies screen allow you to sort the list by name, political capital cost or popularity.
  10. Added balloons to election results if a victory. Colored by party colors, and number depends on vote share.
  11. The telecommuting initiative policy now reduces the chance of a contagious disease situation.
  12. Fixed crash bug when clicking on a policy where the minister responsible has resigned or been fired.
  13. The High Productivity situation now pushes wages up slightly.
  14. Fixed issue where some specific dilemma choices could arise a second time when the effects from the first decision were still active.
  15. Banning single use plastic now reduces income from a plastic bag tax to zero.
  16. Changes to many policies and dilemmas to add extra effects on global liberalism, rebalancing slightly away from current bias towards liberalism.
  17. Changes to voter modelling so that depending on age, voters opinions take longer take change.(older voters change more slowly).

Feedback welcome. I’m away on a much needed short holiday for a week starting Wednesday. Hopefully adding Chinese and Korean languages soon after I get back! And then working on some mod support stuff and other tweaks :smiley:

4 Likes

A well deserved break, Cliff!

1 Like

I very like the ballons! In the next update can you add to change the colour of the election backround for the black baloons?

3 Likes

Ha! yes maybe that makes sense… I did consider making the balloons drift more right or left depending on your policies too :smiley:

3 Likes

Sometimes implementing a policy (Climate Change Adaptation Fund and some other one which I can’t remember, but it happened in Canada) leads to it not being implemented. Banning plastic bags also leads to a visual glitch where the -100% to plastic bag tax bar overshoots its borders.

I was saying i have colored my party black and with the black background you can see only when they overlap the whites. I wanted to be able to change the background of the election screen according to the color because I want to see my well deserved balloons! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My game seems to be hitching for some reason!

Yessssssssssssss

1 Like

My precious!

1 Like

After this update, the estimated effects of polices are not showing :confused:

1 Like

Which policies and what effects? It would help to know the precise conditions, to recreate the effects.

The ban crypto policy is still listed as up for voting even after it has been included in v1.36.

Sorry, I started a new game in Japan today, it’s the first quarter. When you click on the lightbulb to select new policies, the estimated effects don’t appear in any of them, even if I click on the little arrow.
(I don’t know if this is the right topic to send this, new to this forum and game foruns in general)

2 Likes

Yup that was a mistake, it was removed for 1.37 :smiley:

3 Likes

This looks like it is related to screen resolutions. It seems like there is not space to display them, and thats partly because that entire window could be and should be bigger at that resolution. I’ll fix it…

3 Likes

Thanks! :heart:

1 Like

Oh phew, I thought the estimated effects aren’t 100% bound to happen.

1 Like

Constant factors should be shown as constant line

It seems like some equations are broken, for example ban private healthcare is much harsher than it should be
PrivateHealthcare,-0.1+(x^0.5)*-1.5

This bug was here for very long time, most likely carryover from Democracy 3

It seems like “-” in last constant is discarded
Ban tobacco pleases liberals on 0 level
Liberal,-0.25*(x^1.6)-0.07

So it seems like some equations are very broken in game.
Maybe negative constants should be in brackets?
debug.txt (17.4 KB)

Color coded sympathies would be nice

Colors would be same as voter group happiness bars

In Japan you can completely ignore debt crisis as it always triggers on 100% difficulty

Free political capital is nice. Also all taxes can be safely abolished

2 Likes

@cliffski I feel somebody suggesting to me that I should reduce taxes and then also get a reduction in my trustiness when I do it feels bonkers. Shouldn’t people understand that I’m reducing from taxes because we’re experiencing a surplus? :eyes:

1 Like

Also, I’ve noticed that forward and back mouse buttons are compatible with this game, but as of now~ only the forward mouse button works which closes a GUI instantly, so I was wondering if we can return to that GUI with the back mouse button and even backtrack through the policies if you accidentally closed a policy window!

1 Like