USSN (mod) 0.07 released! (Rebuiding)

youre right. what i mean is that all the bullet weapons that the USSN use are propelled by magnetic technology. i dont know what i would call them other than railguns.

but youre right, they use railguns, coilguns and gauss guns. i just wanted to summarise what i was thinking.

sorry for any spelling problems :S

Now you know what to call them :slight_smile: But, as I said, it seems almost no one actually knows the difference, so you’re probably safe calling them whatever you want. Also, a couple thousand years can do a lot to a language (I assume GSB is “far future”). I’m pretty sure the current edition of English has some old words that now mean the opposite to what they used to.

Anyway, don’t let me drag the topic off-track, I just wanted to point that out. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

actuallty, the USSN is not a part of GSB “canon”. they have their own story in another universe. im thinking of having a black hole incident to explain the USSN precense.

im also working on a story of the conflict between USSN and ULP. ill post it here as soon as i have made it readable…

i made a USSN website ^^

(thx mrjjay for the tip)

not much going on right now, i just added some graphics and animations. tell me whatya think :slight_smile:

http://www.wix.com/pontan94/USSN

Its look cool -.- more resolution will be awesome (i see only half of the screen i suposse cuz u designed the site in 1024x0124).

i think its fix´d now. it should fit itself to the users browser n´stuff now.

could you please check it for me?

Yea its working on full res now. Nice work.

just gonna necro this mod a bit…

i have BIG news! well… almost…

forget everything that have been posted here before. i am going to scrap EVERYTHING! all the ships, modules and models and start over…

the only thing i wont scrap, is the name…

i am going to do a small things when i get bored and we will see where it goes…

i already have some plans on how its going to turn out. i will have small ships (compared to other mods) with limited hardpoints and have custom weapons that is more powerfull, as a response to the rquest of more dakka. im going to base the shipstyle off the Hiigarians in homeworld 2. there is a mod for hw2 thats called “complex” which adds more ships, so i will have a lot of ships to get inspired from.
i will still do them in sketchup, but with alot more attention to detail.

i think this is the best way to do it, since i havnt made any progress in months…

deserters will still be my top priority though. and i wont do any ussn “coding” to get it ingame or anything until the deserters are finnished.

just gonna do some models for now.

//pony

well then to help you out with dakka, here is a little module I made while playing around with the shotguns idea on ‘that other thread’. You need tribe or you can get a different sound, your choice:

[config]
armour_penetration = 3.8
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BulletWeaponModule”
color = 7
cost = 100
crew_required = 10
damage = 5
description = “DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!”
fire_interval = 0
guiname = “Energy Shotgun”
height = 5
hitpoints = 6
icon = turret
lockable = 0
max_range = 270
min_range = 15
name = “dakka gun”
optimum_range = 210
powerconsumed = 4.8
restricted = “federation”
shield_penetration = 3.8
size = “CRUISER”
slot_type = TURRET
sound = tribe/data/sounds/cruiser_howitzer.ogg
soundvolume = 1.0
speed = 10.0
tracking_speed = 3.0
turret_sprite = “turret_plasma_v1”
turretsize = 0
unlockcost = 0
weight = 3.4
width = 2
uisortpos = 1090

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL

just put it ingame, looks cool :wink:
and sounds cool too, my only thought was DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

i got bored…

Amazing! it would be a guide rapid fire that does absurd amounts of damage per shot (compared to other rapid fire weapons)
oh and that’s sketchup, right?

O.O
Woah, you should bet “bored” more often :slight_smile:
that says Dakka to me - Love it !

@Darkstar

thanks! the cannons are done as individual models, so i can easaly pose them, take them of and modify and even put em on fighters >:D

im planning on making a blast effect that looks like the two cannons are firing, but have the original one bullet dds. i will make it fire really fast, the bullets go fast and hopefully this will give the effect that both cannons are shooting.

If you use Kinetic Weapon you can arange the blast effect to look like each barrel is firing in sequence, however you do not get a bullet :frowning:

maybe you could put a salvo size of 2 so that it actually fires two at the same time instead of just the visual effect… I know that salvo with bullets work but idk if it will look like something comes from both barrels.

IP: i was thinking more like a salvo size of 40 and make the interval like 20 and then a longer reload.

Darkstar: i have actually never even looked at a kinetic file… about time i do… i didnt know that you could do that!

but for now its all theory. i will not, personally, get into coding yet…

@ ponyus
The kinetic weapons play a series of animations for the muzzle flash, what i did was alternate the flash location so that it looked like each barrel fired in sequence. I can help you create one if you want.

@Wasabi of IP
During development i considered salvo = 2 for the Uni-T heavy weapons, so instead of doubling the damage, it fires 2 bullets . . However i loved the look of a double bullet sprite, the downside was it change the original file (which still does not sit well with me and the rest of the community based on the various posts ). . .

Looking back i think that I made the wrong decision and that you are right, that the salvo = 2 is the better way to go.

and about the extensions: That doesn’t seem to do anything. It still looks like this:
Extensions are off.

try endpoints… i think thats it.

Darkstar, i uploaded a crude alpha dds of the sprite http://www.mediafire.com/?i06bh58we5zez94

if you want, you could try to get it working…

No worries, its a modding day today :slight_smile:

• Fixing Unity Ships (read: nerfing)
  • Reveiwing Ancient Mod
  • muzzle sprite for USSN