Ok, 1.08 is out now. here are the highlights:
3) Resource and production line conveyor placement tools now show a preview of the total cost.
This will make it harder for you to go bankrupt by a poorly-judged conveyor expansion, and also hopefully makes it more obvious that complex junctions cost more money to put down than a normal run where the tiles are otherwise empty.
6) Wages for different jobs are now shown as different cost items on the expenses screen.
This has allowed me to set higher salaries for the scientists, and also thus mean that the ownership cost of lots of research stations goes up.
8) New tech tree items: advanced manufacturing & manufacture steel sheets (new slot).
This is the first step in longer production chains. You can now satisfy all of your steel sheet demand in-house by importing raw steel bars and making the sheets yourself, then stamping them into door panels etc…
15) Cruise control, sunroof & panoramic upgrades now require new resources.
These resources should work, but currently have placeholder graphics, with the real component graphics coming probably next month.
18) Balance: The research points needed for some technologies has been increased.
Once you got into the game, you could afford enough research to make some of the later stage tech way too quick to research. I’ve nudge up the later numbers a bit, and may well revisit this later.
19) Placeholder GUI added for future bank loans feature.
This feature is being discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18094
Currently it is in-game, but the loans are not available to the player (the buttons are greyed out). I’m going to put some more time into making sure this is what players want, and that the numbers make sense before adding this.
20) Improvement to T-junction detection when placing production lines.
This is still not perfect, but hopefully tons better. There are still some edge-cases where lines are side by-side and you try to join them. I think this version is certainly more usable than before!
Something I completely forgot to add to the changelist is the new factory-wide stats at the bottom of the efficiency graph:
Feedback on all the changes is most welcome. Hopefully a lot of the bugfixes in this build fix things for people who have experienced issues.