Hi, we just made a new build of Production Line available. This takes the game to build 1.23. here is a full change list:
- [GUI] Research button now pulses red if there is currently no research set.
- [GFX] Changes to sunroof visuals so they leave the roof edge in place.
- [Feature] Reversing Camera and TACC upgrades both now require a new ‘camera’ component.
- [Bug] Loans can now never be negative, nor offered unless company estimated worth is at least $100k.
- [Feature] Cars are now sold and priced in four different price-categories, with corresponding GUI changes.
- [Feature] New features tab on the finance screen shows information on how popular each feature is at each price category.
- [Bug] Fixed crash bug when deleting a slot while its configure imports window is open.
- [GUI] Save game dialog now has a close button.
- [GUI] It is now no longer possible to keep the conveyor placement GUI active after you hit the bulldozer button.
- [Balances] Changes to the research times and value of some items.
- [Tutorial] Added some extra explanatory tutorial windows and highlights.
- [Bug] Bad conveyor message now no longer shows incorrectly with production slots.
- [Bug] Fixed crash bug if quitting to main menu when cars with multiple features were in the showroom, then starting a new game, and autosave happening.
- [Bug] Resources are no longer consumed for upgrades that are not selected for the current vehicle.
- [Feature] Added new car feature & researchable technology: Touchscreen Interface.
- [Feature} Added multi-language support.[/list]
The big changes here are the pricing model, where we now have price categories, and availability of research being different for each category, plus (in the long run) support for translations. At some point (hopefully tomorrow) I’ll be doing a new steam guide explaining how the game will handle translated text, and its pretty simple to do, so hopefully if any members of the community are bilingual and able to help with translating the game, we can get support for other languages in there. It will probably make sense to have a separate forum for discussing language stuff too.
Interested to know what people think about the price-category changes. This is only phase one of ‘fixing’ the sales model, as right now potential customers have no defined income and thus the sales demand for every category (and body style) is the same. that will change.