[WIP MOD] The Ancient Powers

Well, here is the EX-Dymas Hulk Sprite, as you see, you dont need to change the place of the hulk “Parts”, just make some damaged/broken effect close to the “rupture point”.
I chose the EX-Dymas because, if you see my gameplay video about it (my signature), Sirjamon made a really good work with the explosion and, more important (and funny for me) when the ship explodes, the engines are pushed away from the ship, a really nice effect :smiley:

hmm… I don’t think I have the version that has the hull editor… Which one is it?

uhm i think 1.49 to 1.54

thanks, I’ll try to get it :slight_smile:

well you need to add -editor to the shortcut, this is the mine:

“F:\Gratuitous Space Battles\GSB.exe” -editor
XP sp3

I’m on a mac…

Uhm, ask to someone, idk anything about macs xD

WHEN IS TEH PWNAGE AVAILIABLAH FOR TEH DOWNLOHD!

(::slight_smile:

depends… I could upload an “Aegyptus Ship Pack Alpha” If you want. The ASPA!!! But the turrets and other modules will be ready in a week at most, 2 days at minimum. Then, I move on to the Amazonians.

I’d suggest you and all wait a little longer, is much better to see it as a EPIC finished Mod than a “Not So Epic” unfinished mod…

Oh and something really important I kinda forgot to mention until now, since all of the races are from either another universe or ancient they all can only use their own unique modules & turrets.

Take it from me, you are going to have some fun with that . .

Hahahahahahahaha.

Wasabi, my good fellow, you’d best listen to the man - he knows what’s he’s talking about. See this?
THAT’S where your sanity is going to go if you pursue your stated objective. Just ask Darkstar…“pit of insanity” hardly even begins to describe the effort required… :confused:

Even though I know that’s real, it looks sorta fake/cartoon-ish.

That pit is really similar to where my sanity was last seen…
I think it was when I had the “great” idea of making balanced race exclusive modules for the “new” ship classes I made :stuck_out_tongue:

Joking aside, the hardest part of making new exclusive modules to new races can be [size=120]balancing[/size] them with the original game.

Well I plan for part of the balance to be that since they are ancient etc. and only have their own weapons, they have less variety. So they have less choice of modules and therefore a less diverse fleet. This means that other fleets can exploit the weaknesses in that fleet.
For example, Aegyptus has only three cruiser weapons:
-Antimatter beam (a more powerful, expensive, and power sucking beam laser)
-red matter missiles (much more destructive but slower tracking speeds and slow ROF)
-Gamma Rays (produced by matter-antimatter annihilation, fast tracking speed/ROF good vs fighters).
2/3 of those are power-draining energy weapons. More power to weapons, less power to shields/engines/other boosters. The red matter missiles are very heavy and expensive so a missile cruiser has only one expensive, heavy weapon making it hard to missile spam. So I plan for the weapons to not be balanced by themselves, but by the overall effect they have on the race and its abilities. They are balanced in the big picture.

Would this work?

EDIT: I still don’t understand. What is so hard about making a race use only its own unique turrets? seems to me its a few lines of code, but then again, I’m a noob so anyone care to enlighten me?

UPDATE: turrets are done :slight_smile:

And watch as 7 Aegyptus Missile Cruisers unleash their payload on the poor rebels :smiley:

If i understand your objective correctly, your modded races will not have access to the standard weapons the vanilla races have. So the cleaners (for example) will not have access to the cruiser laser or any of the standard weapons but have their own range of weapons to carry out their galactic conquest.

Now, the reason as to why I said you will have fun with this is because (depending on what you want to do) you can sink a rather large amount of time into trying to achieve your objective (assuming that i have understood it correctly) and here is why:

At the moment you can ONLY restrict a weapon to one race. Therefore any turret/module that does not have a restriction will appear in every race.

Unfortuantly we can not restict to multiple races, so to complete your objective you would have to make a maximum of 8 versions of the cruiser laser (each version restricted to a GSB race) overwriting the original one in the process in order to deny your modded races of this turret. Now multiply that by every vanilla turret/module you dont want your modded race to have access to . . .

Then there is the graphics, One one end of the scale you can use the existing turret graphics that come with the game and on the other end you design your own unique graphics . .

In Unity Case i only had one race to make a unique set of turret graphics for. However i had to multiply that by 3 due to the varient weapons (extended / rapid / heavy) which were restricted to Unity only.

Now if i made the decision to not use the restriction and enable the varient turrets to be avaliable for every race, the additional graphics that i would have to generate would begin to look something like this:

hopefully this is a better explanation then just saying “you are going to have some fun with that . .:slight_smile:

I realize now that having the races have only their modules (not turrets) would be a load of work, but the turrets? Can’t I just take them out of the turret map for aegyptus?

Also they will not have a weapon to replace each of the originals. They are ancient, remember, so they had different technologies and requirements which leads to things other than a type of weapon that every race uses. They developed separetly in different universes or isolated from one another in the same universe. They have unique weapons that where they come from may be the standard beam laser. I hope this clarifies my objective and reasoning

Sort of, but i still have this Question: The race aegyptus, will they have access to the standard weapons that every other race have ? for example - the cruiser laser