[2nd release] GIANT SPACE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL

i have it, is a nice game, but i get bored pretty fast after unlocking all the hulls, now i’m back playing World Of Tanks when i’m not modding, that game is awesome.

I did think about getting it, thanks for the suggestion. Dose’nt it use the same engine as GSB?

The only similar thing between them are that you look everything from above, NOTHING MORE xD

I did think about getting it but its not my cup-a-tea. Any way i have fixed a glarring error that was stopping any and all development its now fixed (funny how naming something wrong can ruin you’r whole day D;) and im continuing with it with a little more enthusiasm now. I’m really hopeing to get it done before christmas… ‘hoping’.

Here’s a pic of what ive been up to:
Edit:It’ll look better in-game!

It looks pretty good from here already. What will look slightly odd is the explosions generated by each hit in-game (heaven knows they look a bit out-of-place on my own mod). The zombification chemicals must be at least a little incendiary, eh? :slight_smile:

Wew looks great =D

Improving your damage touch with organical lifeforms huh? Awesome, i have some ideas for you, since an organical body can lose entire pieces and regenerate (depending of what they lose, but lets let the imagination rule here) you can do the next things with the damage sprites of your zombies:

Cut arms, head (i would say legs, but i see that they are not shown)
Break bones (can be with exposed bone or with a weird tortion)
Burn
Desintegration of flesh, showing clean bones
Internal Organs… well, outside as result of a explosion :stuck_out_tongue:
Insert more gore here

I’ll try all of them except the limbs missing, unless you meant that for the hulk you cant really do it… now i think about it the burnig to the bone wouldnt be possible either :frowning: seen as you cant remove parts of a ship for damaged state?!

Well, short answer, you can. Long answer, let me explain that the damage system works making visible or replacing a selected section of the hull sprite for the same section (same coordinates) of the damage sprite. At the moment everyone just damaged the ships using small variations of vainilla damage as guide, but seems like no one noticed that they can actually remove parts of a hull as critical damages or things like that, cuz as i said, the undamaged section is replaced by the damaged one.
This allows to us to make holes in the ships, not only vertical ones, also horizontal ones, of bullets, lazors claws etc that succesfully destroyed a great part of the hull integrity of the poor ship.

Why i think that no one tried to do this before? There are two possible visual “bugs” (that are not bugs actually)
First: When you destroy an area of the ship that holds a turrent, it will appear floating in the space just cuz the hull stills there, but you have deleted it, cuz this doesnt affects the code of the hull turrents.
Second: Repair modules will magically make grew up the destroyed section, this can be avoided with three ideas:
[size=85]>Organical Ships/Lifeforms that can fastly regenerate lost sections.
>Hiper advanced races that can reconstruct an entire section of the hull in a very very short time.
>Technomages :P[/size]

Now, i will tell to all of you another of my most recent ideas. As i’ve explained above, the damage system replaces a selected section of the undamaged sprite for the section of the damaged sprite that has the same coordinates.
My question is: “Why we have just to limit the possibilities to damage, why not a race that has matterials that react on a different way to destructive energies?!”

I had some ideas for that, here you have them:

Low Tech Camo Systems
“A ship flyes around with his camo system activated, then… oh noes!, higher tech level enemy has detected you!. At the first shot recieved, the camo system is gone.”

I’ve applied this to the “EX-Psykhe Shadow Drone” of Praetorian Industries, the undamaged sprite is very trasluscent, almost invisible, and the damaged sprite not. Selecting all the hull as the damaged area, you can not only show external damage, also weird/visual devices deactivation, just removing that “effect” that you added in the undamaged sprite, in the damaged one.
This is actually, like applying the inverse of the vainilla damage style.

Hull Hugging Shield
Almost a year ago, a guy suggested a shield that is directly over the hull, and not like a bubble, far from it.
Randy tried to apply that idea using Shields, but this happened http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5867#p42483
I think that i have a solution but with a very different way to apply it:

Make a undamaged sprite that has a hull hugging shield over all the ship design. Then copy ONLY the hull design and add the same hull hugging shield, but with several sections hidden/destroyed/disabled. The result: When the ship armour recieves the shots it will look like the shield is dealing pretty well with the shots. Then when the armour is down, the enemy shots will impact the shield, making it dissapear, but not completly, only some sections. You can mix some vainilla damage and shield damage, showing that some shots passed and showing that some sections of the shield are permanently down.
Problems: The turrents will appear OVER the hull hugging shield. Too bad. But the idea stills pretty good for fighter/corvette based hulls.

What do ya think?
I think that i should add this to the GSB Modding guide :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm. Your first ideas really cool actually, i think it would look rather nifty on you’r ship! But as for parts dissapearing (seing as i do not think i explained it well before) when damage is applied it is applied over the original sprite, the damage is put ontop! I did try originally having an arm being blown off for the damaged sprite but all it did was put the broken arm ontop of the originall one, seing as it was made to work this way i atleast can’t find a way to get it to work.
Although i do totally agree people could be more adventourus with damage!

hmmm, then it doesnt just replaces the section, it adds a extra layer? i have to verify that

I can verify that the damage sprite is overlaid - since the ships in my Matmos Rift mod are partially transparent, the original damage sprites I had caused big square blocks of the ship to suddenly become brighter (two copies of the same half-transparent yellow on top of each other). So yes, CptFox is sadly correct that falling-apart zombies really wouldn’t be doable. :frowning:

owwww… oh well, but the other two ideas still applicable… i hope :stuck_out_tongue:

I could perhaps burn all skin off of them? :smiley:

That could work - keep the outer shape the same, but replace the zombie’s healthy green color with charred, bloody muscle. Maybe some bone peeking through in spots, too.

and what about adding hugly ampoules in some of the burn areas? :smiley: (iuck) (like the Boomer of L4D :P)

Aahaa something like this?:
EDIT: It looks better on the bigger Z’s ingame!

yep

Question, is their a limit to the number of damaged areas that can be selected, (hopefully not but probably true) because i tried it with a few (about 30+) and it cut them up and messed around with them untill their was only about 7, if this is true then i’ve come across an anoying problem with having large ships, the amount of damage will awkwardly scale! :frowning:

Nope there is no limit, just count how many damage areas has PI mod hulls! dozens!

Your right, i think. I simply restarted GSB and now it work’s fine… strange!