Current Work In progress

Makes sense for it to be in the support forum then, eh? :smiley:

New Race Selector screen:

so it’s still the case that the first race you unlock… you can’t see.

can’t the order (top to bottom) be the unlock order…?

and i see ‘main menu’ is still there. does that button work while in race-select, and does it go to the main menu…? :slight_smile:

The main menu button now works, this is a complete new screen, rather than the pop up dialog it used to be. They are in alphabetical order, but I guess you are right, they should be in unlock order, I’ll change it :smiley:
edit: Done it, they are now in unlock order

What about the order in the hull selection screen of the ship designer? Should that not be consistent with the race selector order?

It is now

Still a work in progress:

Well, i don’t think it’s still a work in progress, but i can’t say for sure, because there is a serious bug. (anyone reply if they’ve experienced it and cliff plz reply if it will be fixed) I can’t get to challenges! when i click challenges, a message comes up saying that “This application has requested that Runtime terminate it in an unusual way.” >:(

There’s no need to post about this bug on four different threads. It has it’s own thread already (which I’ll not link since you’ve already posted there). Cliffski will fix the bug when he can. Spamming the forum isn’t going to make that any sooner.

[edit: four threads, not three]

You said four the first time. besides, i wanted to make sure it got noticed. If cliffski spent the day looking at every single topic, he wouldn’t have any time to make the game!

Is there a thread where I can put my suggestion for a little and nifty improvement?
Because opening a new one in the GSB forum might be too much…
The proposal for the improvement is currently in the GSB Forum Module Stats Beta (last both replies).

I have a small suggestion:
In Fleet HQ, it would be much more user friendly (I think) if the items were organized by ship type (Cruiser, Frigate, Fighter) and/or purpose (Weapons, Defense, Engines, Other).
Also, this may have been addressed elsewhere, but are there plans for further strategy options? I don’t have any suggestions there, I just wonder if there are further possibilities.
Loving this game so far.
Thanks,
Finbean

At the moment the order in Fleet HQ is nice but what really would make it feel finished is that, as said above, if the modules were arraged in price and module type order. Like cheapest gun first - most expensive gun last, cheapest crew module first - most expensive crew module last.

The current one works too nicely but if you have extra time on hand (Yeah, right, like we all do. :P) You could make the order price-module type order instead of just price. Or maybe even like this:

The game first sorts the modules to groups based on their type: is it a gun, crew, shield or some other module. Then it orders them in increasing price order, as I said above, cheapest module first - most expensive module last. THEN finally it makes all these module groups in increasing price order like this: a pack of 4 gun modules cost honor in total: 1000, a pack of 3 crew modules cost honor in total 2000 -> put this pack after the gun modules. A pack of 2 shields costs 500 honor in total -> this pack goes before gun modules pack.

Of course this sorting SHOULDN’T be dynamic or the modules would change their places all the time when more modules get unlocked.

This way we would end up in general lowest price -> highest price order with modules sorted in module based lowest price -> highest price order and all the modules of same type would be next to each other.

(Or just keep the current one, it works well too. ;P)

New stuff:

Shiny. But where I can open that window? :slight_smile:

i’m not sure it’s there yet. cliff mentioned in another topic that it’s in the next version, 1.20

Yup, this is for 1.20. the good news is, using server-side magic, all your current challenge games are already populating that data (from today onwards)

The ultimate follow up to this… Would be to have it save the deployments that beat the challenges, so you could actually see what someone used to trounce your 1337 challenge… Or even be able to watch that match up play out with one click.

Maybe I have too high hopes… But you keep coming up with all these features, it only encourages us to ask for moar. :wink:

That was my thinking too, and I’d certainly like to do it eventually. There are all sorts of data-mining reasons why this would be cool in lots of ways, although it involves quite a bit of grief to get that done.
One day maybe :smiley:

Here is the next feature: Variable fighter squadron sizes: