[Mod] Babylon 5 LIVE V1

Sorry about that. Which .dds files aren’t working maybe I can fix them? I don’t have a dds viewer and haven’t found a decent one for mac so it is tough to tell once I convert them from .png. The Warlock colors have to do with the lighting of the model, hence the nose being a different color than the rest of the hull. The artist has been really cool letting me use his models, and he has the most complete catalog of B5 models that I have been able to find so I went with it (he also has the Shadows and Centuari.)

Will Windows run the mac version, simply by dropping the files in the correct spot?

its mostly the damage hulks for all of the ships but for me its pretty much all of them XD i will say what they are later

it seems its the advanced omega destroyer that is corrupted and nothing else so i suggest you get working on that because i cant wait to fire plasma beams into the enemies faces :slight_smile:

also i kind of talk alot XD ok but im the only one who isnt an admiral here and that makes me nervous that you people will make me jump out the airlock O_O also i promise i wont go off topic again >_>

The Advanced Omega isn’t intended to be a playable hull, but you can play against it, hence all of the associated parts costing outrageous amounts of honor. BUT if it isn’t working in the campaign that is a significant issue at the moment. off to paint.net to check the Adv. Omega Hull

Are you getting a white box around the hulk images? When you say corrupt is the problem crashing the game, or giving you flying white boxes?

its crashing the game

I think I found the coding issue on the Adv. Omega. Uploading new copy now.

Any other items crashing the game?

nope because its the only file that does not extract properly i will update you if there are ballancing or other issues

Be sure to read my disclaimer before any balancing comments:

I have found that something as simple as placement can have a huge impact on the battle. Also, the Earth Alliance doesn’t have tractor beam technology, therefore the tracking speed is nerfed up marginally to compensate.

Let me know if the new download works.

i know there are some good targeting systems on all ships the problem is what will be the point of fighters… wait nevermind :smiley: also it seems to be about the extra Advanced omega destroyer hull it cant find

Do you have the newest version I uploaded an hour or so ago? I corrected a bad line of code in the Adv. Omega hull text file. I have triple checked the sample hull file there should not be an Adv. Omega hull there. That should be the only way the game asked for it, I think.

Where specifically is the game crashing? Hull building? Scenario Loading? During a Scenario? Please include which scenario and any specifics you can. Sorry to ask so many questions, it just really is the only way I can try to figure out what is wrong. (Man I need a windows machine and a widows version of the game, lol.)

it crashes on startup it might be because its somehow clashing with certain mods or a coding problem or a space in a hulls coding who knows :3

i have found out the problem it was the starfury fighters hull coding

Okay I found it too. off to upload a new copy

Is everything else working now?

the problem was that you had .dds at the top meaning it didnt recongnize and it by doing this the game though it was corrupt remove the .dds and it should run just fine

ok now we have yet another issue all original weapons from gsb when creating any Earth Alliance ship have white boxes which lag the game i will investigate

Yeah, apparently I didn’t replace all of the .png extensions in the race file. New copy uploading right now fixing that, and an issue in a module text file.

well now i will be reviewing and telling how to make everything just right since i am a babylon 5 geek :3

V1.02 of the Windows compatible zip is up.

Appreciate feedback, but please bare in mind this is my interpretation of the B5 Universe which I have tried to make as show accurate as I know how to do. I have studied the DVD’s, Youtube, B5 Tech sites, B5 Wiki’s, even spoken to graphics designers and artist that worked on the show… The biggest problem with B5 was the rotating door of animators that changed things at will and as they were convenient to work for what ever episode they were working on at the moment. So nothing will be completely accurate because the show was very fluid. Now, I will certainly take constructive criticism into consideration in revising/updating the mod so please don’t be discouraged from OFFERING feedback. If I don’t take/accept the idea no big deal, just mod your copy and be happy.