[MOD] Legios

Ok, I may can help you if you post your error log. Thats located in your GSB folder under …/debugdata/errors.txt
There may be 1000’s of errors stacked up until now. So open the txt and only copy the last few entrys with the very same time stamp, OR
(1) delete everything in the error.txt,
(2) close the error.txt,
(3) start the game,
(4) get an error,
(5) open the error.txt
(6) copy all and post here

There can only be very few possible errors. Maybe you don’t have the newest version of GSB installed, all before 1.26 and of course the demo will not support the mod. If you want to play again you must delete the txt named legios.txt in …/data/installs.
If the should crash anyway then the error must be an other, not caused by Legios.

The basis of how I was going to make my mod was very… conditional. At first i was going to compile all mods on the forums with my own mods and balances, but problems kept coming up. So I’ve decided to go one at a time, work different mechanics and things in Incrementally. So I’ve started with my own mod. If you give me permission to use your mod when it is released, I will assimilate it and balance it out with my mod. (including battleships, destroyers, blah blah blah.)

problem solved not related to mod

I didnt like that most modules where just copies of existing modules, the humour in them was nice but I opted to move all your ships exept victimas to alliance, , moved bitmaps and the other text stuff in the text stuf changed racename = legios to racename = alliance and sacked the rest of your mod, so hurray I guess you became the prime contributor to the alliance of insectoid species, good on you :smiley:

@ Geressen,

well you see it was kind of a dilemma. I wanted to create new modules but you also can’t invent a second wheel. A crew module supplies crew, so why should I f.e. scale up the needed crew for all weapons and modules only to justify that my crew modules produce more crew than the vanilla. But if you think that some modules are just exact copies of existing then I must say you didn’t really bother to examine them. There is no single exact copy.
But well, if you are satisfied with new ship models it shall be your way :wink:

But let’s turn the table, what would you alter/add concerning the modules if you could? (Actually you can :wink: I’m always open for improvement suggestions…

… a something like the cannon from dead space , a gun that fires on a steady not too slow rythm wich fires projectiles that look like rockets but are unguided ( behave like plasma projectiles, do not turn etc)

yeah they were not exactly the same but some had the exact same effects, I dont remember wich exactly and I found your hulls to give of that insectoid vibe, together whit hopefast’s species something8something something bioship and his narn Q’oun ship they fill up the ranks of the alliance nicely.

Yes I thought about such a cannon as well, the problem is that there is no module which would work the way I want. If I would use a missile module, the old problem exists that the 2nd missile will launch only after the first hit/missed. I could use a kinetic module, but I can only alter the muzzle flash, not the projectile. Same goes for bulletweapon modules. I’m bound to the existing modules, so as long as there will be no changes concerning one or the other problem, we have to wait or waive :wink:

anyways, what are you working on now? continueing improvements to what you have or new hulls ? :smiley:

Well, currently I’m at home for christmas, new year ect. and I didn’t take my computer with me. I thought, my laptop would do the job but its too old to handle Photoshop CS4 and it’s a real hassle to work with it ^^ So I’m playing dota all the time… So updates will be coming in januar… I think the next update will feature 2 new ships (1frig 1cruis), some scenarios and some missing frigate modules like repair and hangar… and I will try to come up with some new tatical modules :wink: Ever used one of them? (Bridge or Advertisement)

Here’s a sneakpreview of last backdrop I’m working on :wink:
http://eich.ei.funpic.de/legios/2.jpg

Nice ! , yeah my little brother used advertisement to make negative cost ships … then he stacked all of the advertisement ships whit plasma ships them in the deployment screen… uuuggh :frowning:

Yeahhh well I didn’t think of this kind of exploitation ^^ Hahaha LOL I just tried myself and it really raises the total amount of available honour during deployment… Man guys, please post such kind of abuses so that I can fix them in the next update ^^

I’m looking forward to the next version of the MOD :slight_smile:
I also made a new race, are you interested in a look? XD

Awesome mod Eich. You’ve made great ship desings and weapon effects and i like most of the modules you added (especially the descriptions xD).

About the map deployment…
I managed to won that map in all difficulties with the Tribe and Legios (using the victima frigate), with the Alliance i only tried normal (and i beat it) and with Rebels i had to remake my typical deployment to only manage beating it in normal :(.
I still haven’t tried with Federation but yes that shield stands longer than normal shields. Maybe the map could be easier if the Legios ships began a bit more far from the player deployment zone (when i first tried the map my frontal Tribe cruisers where being hit by many weapons before they could began moving) and also the ships are so near each other that i can’t distinguish their beauty completely ;).

I’m looking forward to the next update and i hope you add more awesome ships.

Legios?? Aww I thought it said LEGOS! :frowning:

so did the creator of this mod die ? that seems to happen to a lot of people who make mods…

Nay, I’m not dead yet. The case is, I was not motivated enough to complete all the work I’ve wanted to do in january. And well great surprise currently I’m having/writing exams. So you may expect updates coming during march. So well guys see you later, I have still 6 exams to take care of :wink: (4 already completed)

wow that is pretty. i love the wavy laser shots. that is pretty sweet.

kudos.

Can somebody provide a step by step tutorial about how to download and install this mod? It looks great and I would love to play with it, but I don’t understand anything about mods and such.

Dude, thats like stealing a babys candy! ^^ Just hit the link and download it. Then you have to unpack. You will need WinRar or 7Zip for this. Then just copy the unpacked stuff into your gamefolder!

PS: Why the **** are my pics down? Christ! I need a new provider…

yeah! pic or I don’t download!

when you copy the stuff into the gamefolder, does it overwrite? if I want to revert back