[Mod] Pirates!

Here are my suggestions for a pirate faction, say, I don’t know you’re name, but it seems we are on the same page here!
http://www.positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5462&p=37500#p37500

The black colour is best I think, comes with the flag and all that.
I think some of us should focus at ship to ship chatter in the chatter box!
you know, the part where it says: ‘we have the enemy fleet in our sights’ and 'they blew up the ships galley, looks like it takeout time tonight guys!"
and “They blew up deck 4, I think I left my wallet on deck 4…”

I think parrots should have a say in this one,
there should be a lot of YARRR going on and a lot of crewlty.
“Ahoy! BOUNTY!”
“AYEEHH a damzel in distress, she be miiine!!”
“ARR”
“ARR”
and
“Look at all those tasty bodies floatin’ abou…look like it’s stakeout time tonight fella’s!”
“Thom, are you there Thom? … I just shot their wingman! YARRRR!!”
“I just saw a spider filled with cider, and then it did couhgt fire…owh sjuks!”
“My beard, MY BEARD BE ON FIRE!”

Really cool shiny shapes but , u sure the rebel race is human??? xD, cuz it seems a bit weird putting a human skull on a non human ship… xD. Or they just visited earth recently?? xD. I was planning on doing some stuff like that on my future mods, cuz i have tons of cool brushes to use (even non human skulls xD). BTW, those shapes look very good looking, keep us informed!!

I trust you are refering to the empire? Well, essentially you are right but every captain of a vessel is granted the right to choose from a various kind of adornments. And a captain of a pirate vessel does not always have to be of the same race which build the original ship in the first place (I think). You will be rather surprised which different kind of human shapes will appear on future ships :wink: I think I have 3 other ships ready at the moment. I think I will make at least 3 more and then I have to create the scenarios. For which I will have to create several other thing too. This sums up to a amount of work which will be done… … … when its done. So expect a release of “Pirates!: Forever” in about 13 years :wink:
To be precise I think there will be a release no later than christmas with my current work pace. But when I’m motivated it will be done earlier.
So far Eich~

PS: Oh I totaly overlooked Ketejans post,

concerning the chatterbox, yes good idea indeed. I will feel free to steal your ideas and add some more :wink: Concerning black ships. Well thats another story. It’s quite hard to produce a black ship out of the given designs. It’s easy using the empire but otherwise it’s hard and details will be lost. Maybe I will give it a try again but I don’t think it will turn out well.

Lil update, I posted some new Ships which are going to be featured in Pirates!. Although I’m not satisfied with some of them I post them anyway to get some feedback. I’ve still got some cool ideas in the back of my head, so this is not the final roundup. Also the fighters are still missing. I hate fighters because nobody will see them ingame anyway because they are too small! Well whatever ^^

I’m really diggin’ your designs. Especially the third one, with the typical crossed swords and skull on the front of the hull…I love the pieces of Empire ship sticking out of the sides.

I’m loving them too, I think they’re some of the best designs I’ve seen to date

I’ve just fallen in love with the 8th ship you’ve put there (the last one) :3

Eich, what are the names of the new hulls?

I haven’t come up with any names yet, but I’m open for suggestions :wink:

Well, for any name that isn’t related to an ancient mythology I need to google a bit so I’ve only thought one for the Swarm ship.

It’s Apep (also known as Apophis). For many people the second naming is more familiar so pick the one you think it’s better. I don’t know if mythological names would fit much with pirates but I consider Apophis evil enough (in the myths and in SG-1) to deserve a ship :slight_smile:

Man… just one thing… I WANT THAT RACE! xD
i really like your ships, with that crazy paints and well placed parts, especially that wich is black!
Continue Working!

You are very talented, I like the color and overall idea to create this race. Great design, needs great weapons. It would be a pity if it broke down just for this. Thumbs up.

Is this Mod downloadable???

No it’s WIP… ^^

I quite like the biohazard hull.
the rusty one i dub corrosive.

other names? flamable -> ( i guess some of these are quite bad names for hulls XD )
explosive
acidic
toxic
caustic
etc

I think names like:
Kraken
Poseidon
Nemesis
Hybris

will fit nicely to pirate theme.

what is the point of a biohazard sign when you’re not gonna use it!

Sorry for necro but, this mod still wip? or its dead?

Well its not really dead, the thing is that I’m just not that motivated to work on this project atm. Maybe I will make the hulls dds files available for download and someone does the whole txt thing. If someone wants to cooperate with me to release the Pirates! mod in the near future, just post here. I check the forum every day or so.

bump

PS: Battle will commence this weekend. Brace yourself!

We’ll be waiting, o lawless one. Order must be maintained. The Navy stands ready to repel this menace…I hope… :wink: