[Mod] Pirates!

Omg omg omg!! I allways loved this mod!! :smiley:

Iā€™m currently swayed if I should release on sunday with ships only or wait till I finished the survival and the one mission I have planed. This would delay the release till next weekā€¦ I think I will waitā€¦ Oh yeah and I think I will come up with some sort of story like Archduke Astro didā€¦ itā€™s cool and brings some live into it :wink:

Yeah i preffer to wait :smiley:

I think a cool story and background would be cool. The mod I have been working one will have a story like thing the explains how they got here . hehehehe

now that archduke astro so excellently pulled off the story aspect with total awesomeness, i think that every modder is trying really hard to do the same thing. this is a really good thing. not only are we getting a bunch of new exiting stories, but the mods feels a lot more polished and complete. it may not be the thing that made GSB what it is today, but stories are a fine addition.

keep it up! :smiley:

Ah this sucks, did you guys know that ships DDS files have to be 512X512 or 1024x1024 (and so on) or they will look blurred? Driving me crazyā€¦ In other news, instead of creating hulks for the existing ones Iā€™m creating even more new shipsā€¦ I hate hulksā€¦ Maybe I should make my ships invincible. At least I wouldā€™nt have to bother with hulks this way!

lol. i hear ya. we bust our butts to make the ships as awesome as possible. its kinda sad that we are gonna have them blow up :stuck_out_tongue:

lol at least they are ā€œgratuitousā€ xD

Well enough for today. I finished the first part of my story. Have a look at the first draft here:

http://eich.ei.funpic.de/gsb/Pirates.pdf

Itā€™s really hard to write anything funny in english. I still gave my best to please the risible muscles of the readers :wink: If a native speaking english person is interested in an open position (Literary editor) please apply via the POSTREPLY button! ^^ I suck hard in terms of grammar (and maybe other areas) so I would appeciate any help or corrections!

Iā€™m enjoying the Pirates fiction that youā€™ve written so far, Eich. Most of what youā€™ve written is flawless and actually quite funny. If you want a hand with a small bit of smoothing the edges of your Blut und Gier, send me a P.M. I think my qualifications speak for themselves. :wink:

Greetz,

Pirates! 1.0 is live and ready to blow you appart. I could not include all intendet features till now but I wanted to release anyway. So you may expect an update in the near future containing 1 awesome scenario and maybe another ship oh and of course a complete chapter of pirate story arc.

I also realised that my 2 other mods (legios and scavengers) are broken since the version of GSB which analyses the effectivness of weapons. Itā€™s a little sad that nobody postet this error because nobody is playing the mods anymore but I will fix the bug anyway. So I have a lot of work on my hands and another project unrelated to GSB going on. Poor me I will not see the light of the day anytime soonā€¦ :wink:

Oh and yeah of course please post any bugs you may encounter.

PS: If you guys make some sweet screenshots during play you can send them to me (eichdlx@googlemail.com). I will put them up on the frontpage :wink:

OMG OMG OMG YAAAAAY!! :smiley:

At last, now i can fight with ships with cool grafitis :smiley: xD

I will try some ^^

I upped a ā€œscreenshotā€ of Preators, although itā€™s more like an artwork. Nice work Preator a normal screenshot would have done the trick, but thatā€™s even better :wink:

So there is an apparent lack of feedback concerning the mod. I guess most people moved on and donā€™t play GSB anymore. Well thats too bad but I stopped playing too so Iā€™m not that surprised. There are just so much games out there you can play! ^^ Currently Iā€™m hooked up on Panzer Corps. You guys should try it out. Itā€™s kinda like GSB only with tanks and turnbased. So basically nothing like GSB. Damn you rash words! ^^

Back to the current case, if you people want further development of the mod keep the feedback coming! :wink: If I think nobody plays Iā€™m not that motivated to make any additions. Cliffski really should advertise this mod section harder!

Ohh S***ā€¦ feedbackā€¦ feedbackā€¦ uhmā€¦

Well i was expecting some pirate weapons, noticed that the weapons that are using the pirates were already used in Scarvengers Modā€¦ or iā€™m wrong?
But well, didnā€™t noticed the error with Scarvengers and Legios cuz iā€™m not playing GSB, i have downloaded and archieved ALL the mods, but right now i have installed just he Union and Zombies cuz i want fast game running (its me or when you add more stuff, the game gets slow?)
Anyways, noticed that i didnt posted any feedback for the Legios and the Scarvengers, they are awesome mods, very complete, balanced, and unique, actually my first GSB modding moments were inspirated by the scarvengers =D

About the pirates, i really enjoyed to play with them, right now i almost donā€™t play the game cuz i want more than anything to finish the PI Mod, actually i only enter with intetions to play when i try new mods, and when i have to test new modules :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Oh yes, the Big Red Cruiser should look better flying backwards, but wellā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the mod section is already the most active part of GSB.

The player base is just too small at this point. The only people left on this forum seems to be the few modders.

Yepā€¦ thats sad, seems like when PI is done, it will be appearing far too lateā€¦ but well, i will be happy with only the feedback of a few, the most important thing for me now is to finish the project and give fun, at least to very few people.
At least almost all the modders are very active ^^
At this point seems like if cliff dont launch another DLC in less than 2 or 3 months, GSB is going to be dead in 1 yearā€¦ i hope not, but wellā€¦ lets see what happens with GTB :stuck_out_tongue:

Bad that this mod is not getting further, anyways, i think the people who doesnt play GSB anymore is cuz they dont know that this game can be modded so easily. So they played for about a few months (or not even that) and then they just uninstalled the game. I was playing for about 2 months and i stop playing after i did all the missions, and played a couple of challenges, but it wasnt until i discovered that this game could be modded that i didnt come back. And now, i am here in the modding community for more than a year. Anyways, i consider this forum is far from being low populated, if u compared it with other game forums.

I apologize for missing your previous post concerning the 1.0 release; Iā€™m still not sure how I missed it. Really looking forward to trying this new mod. I wonder if itā€™s truly as hulk-less as youā€™re indicating? Well, thereā€™s one sure way for me to find outā€¦I will check it out after work today. :slight_smile:

That makes sense.

Cliffā€™s long since moved on to developing Positechā€™s next game. Hell, itā€™s even set for a Q4 2011 release date! He came out of his shell just long enough to promote my Classic Dreadnoughts mod. Heā€™s going to be around here even less than before, not more.

Otherwise, on this sub-forum the ā€œFriendly Community Mod Squadā€ is now running the show here. Thatā€™s unsurprising, as weā€™re also nearly the only people who also still read this forum regularly as well as post signifigant content to it.

Agreed in full on your first point. This subforum is now also less than a thousand posts the Gratuitous Forumā€™s total number of posts. I never thought that would happen!

Concerning your second point, I do agree but also want to point out that, according to forum activity, the ā€œactive AND posting on the forumsā€ player base has actually been too small ever since the very end of 2010 or the very beginning of 2011. The buzz of activity that revolved around the old Community Mod Contest camouflaged that, but the stark reality has long since made itself clear.

That per-person level of activity - and commitment to the game, which fuels that activity - is the glue that holds this subforum together.

Iā€™m thinking thatā€™s precisely why Cliff is considering the DLC expansion he mentioned previously. His business sense probably tells him he needs to throw the dogs a bone to chew on for a while.

If he does go through with it, he has stated that this expansion is to be a ā€œgraphics packā€ which includes new official sprites for the use of the ā€œCore Fourā€ races. Thereā€™s not even going to be missions, let alone new modules. However, being able to make use of new official sprites as modder ammunition for new creative projects is something that looks cool.

Aside from that effort, if you folks wish to keep this community alive, then itā€™s really & truly up to us to keep it alive. Itā€™s as simple as that.

the player count started dropping more than six months ago. th USSN 0.06 had 100 downloads within a month. the deserter has only had 33 so farā€¦