[MOD] Scavenger

yea legios beams look nicer but i dont feel like mixing mod files… its just wrong lol :stuck_out_tongue:

and yeah,about spelling… you have any idea how long it took me to write that post? :smiley:
(the answer is about 20 minutes btw)

Downloaded your mod, and while so far I’m really enjoying it, I am having a bit of a problem. There’s some module that keeps producing the following error:
9/4/2010 - 4::57 - ERROR - FMOD[Failed to create sound] (23) File not found.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 645

Not sure what’s causing it, beyond the fact that it only seems to trigger when I’m facing certain Scavenger ships, so I’m pretty sure it’s due to one of their weapon modules. I have GSB+Tribe, if that makes a difference.

Hm crap… this may occur because you don’t have the order… I will check if there is a problem with the sound of limpet launcher, nuclear missile or radiation gun. I will post here what you have to do when I locate the problem…

Edit: Problem found, I copied the ogg file but didn’t change the folder where the game can find it. Stupid me :wink: Here is a hotfix, it also contains some balancing of weapons. I will include it as well because next update is weeks away :wink:

HOTFIX.rar (3.19 KB)

Just copy the folder named scavenger into your gamefolder. Black magic will do rest :wink:

Well, that did it. Only problem now is that those damn Brocken cruisers. In the second mission you posted, they soak up way to much fire. I’m talking about taking 24 fusion beams, 6 light plasma, and 12 heavy plasma, plus assorted torpedoes and fighter weapons for a couple minutes. Without shields.

Hehe yeah :wink: Just by the way the armourboost was 150% at the beginning… But rest assured I won the battle on hard, so it’s not unbeatable… or maybe I reduced the honour because I won in the first appraoch… hm… I don’t know anymore… Well anyway you have to take into account too that I installed a tribe repair module. So the armor itself isn’t that strong it’s just that it’s being repaired very quickly… But I will look into it again and check if 100% armourboost is still too high. Regarded those 6 Brocken in the scenario it’s deffinitly a hard nut and I wanted it to be so. But I don’t know whats happening when I would spam Brocken all over the map. Maybe it would be easely beatable with fast frigates and rockets… Dunno… The problem is I’m modding more then I’m playing so my approaches are often not very balanced… but therefor we have a nice community which does the testing for me… like you :wink:

Well, I just beat it. And while it was fun, there’s a real problem there. The Brocken take way to long to kill, and it’s only the fact that they don’t have much heavy offensive weaponry that has the same range as plasma, plus the fact that the fleet comes in drips and drabs that makes it beatable. If those Halbleiter ships came in together, and weren’t spread out/at point blank range at the beginning, things would be much worse. As it is, I lost 41% of my fleet to 6 ships; to Brocken and 4 Halbleiter. Overall, fun scenario, but it seems like it’d be very easy to make one that’s almost impossible to win.

hey RRRacerX123, I beat your score on the Scavenger survival :wink:

Ahh maybe I can top it again lol, maybe I choose the Katuri since you choose the United Fleet.

that would be cool to see, the united fleet and katuri are waging war with each other by blowing up another race’s ships xD

Just a lil’ bump. In fact I have a new ship sprite ready, just no time to code it -.-… well expect a small update in august as well…

I keep hitting the following error…any ideas how to fix it?

16/1/2011 - 17::49 - Turret mapping not found [turret_auto_v61] ==> [scavenger]:…\src\SIM_Race.cpp 249

Disregard, found the problem in MY modified weapon…

Çan you expand upon that point? Is the existing version of Scavengers still okay to use “right out of the box”? Thanks.

the weapons pack I made had a turret typo, which wasn’t listed in the scavenger ship file, so I fixed my weapon turret sprite name, then it worked.

example:

BAD:
turret_sprite = “turret_auto_v61” (note, there it no turret 61 in the game)

GOOD
turret_sprite = “turret_auto_v6”

Each ship hull las a listing of the allowed turret sprites, and my weapon typo caused the turret mapping error.

Hmm… There are some rather extreme hulls in this one, such as a hull that leaves you with ‘very’ little internal hit points but ‘extremely’ powerful shields. Interesting.