[MOD] Scavenger

downloaded it ( legios too) but does not seem to work, going to remove legios ( works) and try again

EDIT: no change, is installed whit scavenger in main GSB folder whit data inside,

Hm yeah dunno, if not anyone else have had problems so far I think it must have something to do with your installation. I can only recommend you to use a clean version of GSB and try it again. I just gave it a try and it worked without any problems. Of course you must have version 1.36
I also precautionally copyd all crucial data of scavenger into the scavenger folder so that you can use it without Tribe and Order… So I really have no idea where the problem might be. If you receive an error message you can post it… if not just try to use a new clean installation…

i must say,awesome mod
so far i played 4 games and i love it :stuck_out_tongue:
great job man, hope we see some updates and more work from you in the future,cant wait myself

im getting an error messege “Failed to find AI Behavior Type…\src\SIM_Behavior.ccp 39”

@ ducksoup,
That sounds like you don’t have 1.36 which includes the “Stick Together” AI command… If you dont have 1.36 due to whatever reason cough you should delete (or better rename) the folder “scenarios” under …/GSB/Scavenger/data/
This will remove the scenarios and the error should not occur…

@ Thunderbird,
Thanks, and yes there will be new stuff coming up in the future :wink:

thanks for your help, sorry didnt realize there was a 1.36 patch so thanks and great mod.

no error messages, I recently re- installed to get version 1,36 up ( something went wrong downloading that) and have fantasy fleet, tribe, and the order installed

I will try to download and install it again and if it fails I will remove fantasy fleet.

PROBLEM SOLVED

somehow the path = scavenger thingy didnt work or wasnt created

so I went to installs and changed one of the files to say path= scavenger and then saved it as scavenger ( didnt want to erase tribes thank you very much :stuck_out_tongue: ), that worked, I like this mod better than legios I must say, the ships and modules are nice, you deserve a cookie !

Maybe you forgot to copy the folder or hit the “Not Overwrite” button when you copyd the stuff into your directorie… All is well that ends well :wink: Thanks for the cookie btw :wink:

Bug Found !

hadronstrahl beam passes below stolen limpet launcher on same ship.

Erm huh? I don’t understand… is the blue/greenish beam itself overlayd by the turret of the limpet launcher? If you think it’s a bug I can solve post a screen please I really can’t imagine what you may mean ^^

i’ll see if i can get it on screenshot
here is what I mean

-hadronstrahl fires beam straight ahead towards enemy
-limpet launcher is also installed in front of hadronstrahl
-beam makes limpet launcher seem like it is floathing 300 meters above the ship

o<orrigin
@<target
— < beam
O< limpet turret

o-----O-----@

Ah I see. Well nothing I can do about that. I can’t access the order in which the pictures are overlayd above one or another… Thats a problem only Cliff can solve… Or does this only occur when you use the Hadronstrahl? Did you try another beam weapon? I will give it a try myself…

PS: I just tried it and yeah it concerns every beamweapon. Dunno it its just the limpet launcher. Well as I said this has nothing to do with my mod, so you should contact the official and authorized authority… Cliff :wink:

that depends on wether or not this bug occurs when using the order :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it does :wink: It’s just not that visible because their turrets are spread wider and irregularly.

Hi Eich, really top-notch work! I love the graphic style, the creativity of the cruiser-class ships, and the various pirated weapons. I’m still playing with it, but they feel too strong. Some of their unique weapons have such high up-front DPS (thanks to salvos) makes it a little harder to balance.

Would you mind if I made a few challenges for you to play against with non-Scavenger factions to see what you think? (Your in-game name is Eich, right?)

I will balance the weapons in the next update, I didn’t use the new weapons which I created in the scenarios because I was sure that they may be too strong. But currently I’m working on a graphic overhaul of Legios which I want to finish till end of the week. But rest assured I will nerf them. The fastest help would be if you would say which weapon seems to be overpowerd in your opinion. I think Raktenorgel and Gausskanone are the ones which need a urgent rebalance… But thanks for the note I’m working on it :wink:

rockets definitely,there are times when enemy ships die only from the main frontal weapon i mount on my cruisers,which just happen to be the rockets and the longest range weapon i use on em :stuck_out_tongue:

i do have one request if i may…
can you make the weapons look more “beefier” ?
i mean… the railguns and flak and stuff are cool,but they dont LOOK cool…
if you get some ideas how to make weapon shots/blasts more visible and more dangerous looking than a puff of space dust,please tell :stuck_out_tongue:

im one of those people that love huge ships facing each other in a broadside seeing each shot fly and land as the projectiles are red-hot from the barrel, perhaps with some tracers in between

with me the issue mainly is with projectile weapons… missile weapons look just OK imho but stuff like cruiser laser,quantum blaster,certain beams… they just need a bit more of a insane artists touch to make the chill run down the spine :stuck_out_tongue:

example - too intensive - starcraft.incgamers.com/gallery/ … iel_11.jpg
example - ok intensity - weirdogamez.com/undefined/St … uption.jpg

im sure i made an idiot out of myself but i got like 5 beers in me lol

Dude you are my soulmate… thing is, it’s more or less impossible. I can’t mod Torpedos, Missiles, Blasters and Kinetic weapons. The only thing I can do is mod beams and lightning. And this only if I have created the weapons. This means I can only alter the Hadronstrahl in the Scavenger mod. Which I will do in the next release. If you have played Legios you may know that I have created varios beams which look quite good. If you want you could replace your beams with those but that would be a hardmod, means you must overwrite the beams of your original game… And btw, I have utmost respect for people which can write without any grave spelling mistake AND have 5 beer poured away :wink:

I agree on the Gausskanone.

The Laserkanone is the biggest culprit of all, in my opinion. If you disagree, then I challenge you to beat the challenge I just posted (#4581003 on 4/7/2010). Basically, in this challenge my 5 cruisers are unstoppable even though it’s about 60% of the total funds. Try it and see.

I don’t know about the Raktenorgel, because I did use it and I’m not so sure it’s the same threat that the Laserkanone or Gausskanone are.