[MOD]Star Trek Universe(WIP)(Cancelled for now)

Thx thunder, i did a lot of improvements since the release of the alpha version.

Actually i finished with all the turrets, and all the base modules, i tweaked some sounds (i normalized em and changed some sound effects) and i am working on the scenarios right now. The next step after this will be the balance changes, maybe 2 or 3 more standard modules (no weapons) and the release of the Beta version.

I know the mod is not balanced, but wat we can do? i mean, i reduced the dmg of some weapons and increased the fire interval and decreased the tracking speed, but still, if u want to make a different mod, u cannot make the phasers like the beam lasers , wats the point?? phasers should be more dangerous and powerful that beam lasers, and thats the way they are on the mod, for example. If phasers do the same dmag as beam lasers… there is no point to create a phaser array… xD. So making the mod universally compatible is too hard. Maybe when we have more different weapons to choose from the things will change, but right now its a bit limited the way we can do 100 mods with good balance issues…

About the fx of the weapons, ¿can u be more specific? as u can imagine, i cant do anything about the photon/quantum/etc torpedoes, ¿u think they will fit better with a missile sprite or a bullet sprite? i dont think so… xD.

wat u mean with they dont fix with their effect? u mean the blaster cannon and the missile?? cuz those are the only weapons that should not “fit” in a Earth ship…

About the ships that dont “fit” with the other ones, the only thing i can do is not to include em… u want that? lol, btw i think they fit enough for making the mod enjoyable.

Well thx for your advises, if u can be more specific on the advises, so “we” can make a very good mod xD.

well,by universally compatible i meant avoid modifying any files apart from the mod files themselves… that way it cant collide with any other mod
yeah i know phasers are not supposed to be beam lasers,and i didnt mean that you should dumb them down to nothing… but the way the alpha is,almost every aspect is “too” overpowered if you know what i mean :stuck_out_tongue: just make them more expensive if theyre more powerful i guess… not like you can do magic

as far as torpedoes go,i meant that their color isnt right… but now when i remembered how projectiles and bullets are made in the game i guess you cant do much there without modifying the stock files… which i would prefer if you wouldnt… oh well… still the sounds make them worth it
i didnt even try blaster and missile,i kind of got the idea that they wouldnt fit on a startrek ship :stuck_out_tongue:

and keep the ships there… i guess you could separate them into more “races” in a later release,but i dont think thats a priority or a problem… i like more or less all of them and its a good ship collection

well,there seems to be only a few modder-unfriendly features in the game, annoying but meh,much better mod support here than in the vast majority of games

i guess ignore it then… and imho by the time you are finished,cliff will fix all of it :stuck_out_tongue: maybe just dont bother adding features you cant without modifying stock files… atleast for now

most people just instantly auto-unlock all mods/ships anyway because everyone has so much honor accumulated… when i was testing the mod unlocking all of it didnt even make a dent in my reserves lol

Hi guys, just a little update on the info to keep this thread alive, is taking me much more time than i thought to make the things right. But i am working, dont worry guys -.- I finished the scenarios and i am working on the balance issues.

After that, i will maybe change the explosions sequence of the ships and the Earth Alliance mod will be almost finished (and of course i will release a beta). And its possible that i will need to fix some ships of the deployment as i change the balance values of the modules. I was thinking on include more modules (not weapons) but cuz i dont have enough time, i will do it on a future.

BTW, i am going to ask u guys something about the support shield module. I tried to make a fighter shield support beam but i cant get it to work. There is some restrictions on this type of module??, its weird cuz i even tried with the same module as the original game, nothing changed (except of course the earth alliance references xD) and still it doesnt work. The module will never show up on the modules screen. Wat am i doing wrong??

Updated the first post with the link to the official beta release. Enjoy!

sry but… link not working :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, dam megaupload… i uploaded it again, if it still doesnt work, i will use mediafire.

worked for me. I needed to try a few times over about an hour. I think they might have limits on the number of parallel downloads of conent

seriously,why doesnt anyone use filefront?

that was my 2nd choice -.-, but i dont like the speed of filefront, btw the link is working now.

Hi guys (if someone read this), its more probably that i divide the entire mod in one more faction, The Borg Collective, as i planning to add some federation, order, alliance, etc assimilated hulls, and the ammount on ships for the Borg will be increased a bit. The final mod between The Borg Collective and The Outsiders League will have more than 50 hulls, this is a long time work, cuz i am planning to add some new original borg models from scratch, modelling em in sketch up, but i hope the final result will be looking great. The bad thing, i dont have much time and i dont think will be able to release a alpha version of the Outsiders League before christmas -.-. Btw, since not too many people are interested in this mod, its not a big deal. Just be patience.

im still interested :stuck_out_tongue:
yeah its better to slice it into more parts,as it is now even earth itself has way too much ships, up to the point where its too overwhelming to browse…

i have to admit that the first thing i done after quickly browsing through ships is that i started to design ships “as they are”
meaning that my Defiant actually feels like the real thing (except i can build dozens of them ofcourse)… damn evil little ship tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Thx, the good thing about the pulse phaser is that it has the original weapon tv sound, and the sound is not too much changed in game (u know the game itself accelerates a bit the sound velocity), so the final result is a bit more near to the reality. I noticed the sound on GSB can make a weapon / ship looks far better -.-.

Its more probably that when i release the Outsiders League alpha version (or mabe before that the Borg Collective, i dunno) i will update the Earth Alliance mod with more ships, including the Utopia Space Station that i rendered from the 3d model. and some modules i was planning to include in the first release (but i got out of time and patience xD).

don’t overdo it, there’s enough ships around.
i’m more concerned about balance… there isn’t enough balance yet :stuck_out_tongue:
like the armored fighter… dude that thing is INVULNERABLE… basically most of the stuff in the mod is seriously overpowered so the mod is unusable in the campaign,i t gets too easy. you need to dial down the strength of nearly all of your weapons

I disagree. The mod right now is very balanced, u cant get through the medium-hard campaing scenarios without losing almost more than 50% of the fleet in some spots. The mod itself its about 80-90% balanced, the only thing im going to do in the next update is to add some negative bonuses to the basic race class main features (right now, the earh alliance has +30 % speed) and decrease a bit the armour and integrity bonuses. And yes, i will include more ships, almost the Utopia Base Station and 2 or 3 more cruisers / frigates.

U right about the ships quantity, i am thinking in divide the Earth Alliance in 2 sides, the Post Warp Side and the Earlier Colonial Side (or something like that i will figure it out), but i will need to make again the new turrets for the other side, but wth, i have a lot of patience -.- The problem will be later with the Outsiders League mod, that will have a lot of hulls too, i need to think in a way to separate some sides.

in that case,be sure to include a beer dispenser for my bridge
never quite could agree with replicated beer, the thing just doesnt taste right…

i really dont care if the taste is right or not, i just want a replicator -.- can u imagine it?? xD.

Some news, im working as fast as i can to release a remodeled Earth Alliance mod, with 2 divided sides , the earth alliance new era, and earth alliance colonial side. For that reason, i needed to add new weapons and modules to the colonial side, with new sprites and so on. I will need to do some work too on the new era side (but a bit less cuz almost all the work is already done in the new era side). Also i needed to remove the scenarios and i will make new ones. So basically, i am redoing almost all the mod (the earth alliance part) again. But the final result will be better, and i will add new ships. 2 frigates, 1 fighter, The Agamemnon ship (Omega class) and the babylon 5 station to the colonial side and for now, only the utopia space station for the new era side. I hope in a few weeks this can be done. But not before. So, i am far for now on thinking to get the Borg Collective race or the outsiders league side, not before i finish (balance issues included) the earth alliance side.

uhrm wnever i try to play as/against the Earth Alliance it keeps on crashing GSB and coming up with this error message ‘Particle config not found:…\src\GUI_Particles.cpp 56’ halp D:

Hmm, it seems that maybe some hull particles are missing or in wrong place , weird cuz as i remember i checked all ship hulls in the last update. U can discover wat hull is causing the error by trying ship by ship of your deployment fleet, then i can see wats wrong. The bad thing is i am not going to make any update for now, cuz i am re-designing the mod, so , i can tell u how to fix it, but for now i will not release anything till i have the earth alliance completely done.

Ok thanks uhrm its the (so many hulls Dx) ooh now its come up with ‘Turret mapping not found [turret_phaser] ==> [Federation]:…\src\SIM_Race.cpp 249’ when i retreat does this help???