[MOD]Star Trek Universe(WIP)(Cancelled for now)

god, it cant be true… omg. I really messed up the last update for wat u telling me, i forgot to create the module bitmaps for the weapons. U can fix this doing the next steps:

1.- go to the turret bitmaps folder and copy the turrets u need (in this case, for example the turret_phaser.dds file, or u can just copy all of em) to the module bitmaps folder.
2.- go into the module txt file, Cruiser Phaser Array.txt and change the line “icon = turret” for “icon = turret_phaser.dds”.
3.- do the same with all the turrets u get errors, im sure u will have the same issue with all the non-locked turrets.

I will be more careful in the next oficial release (no more beta releases).

Ok thanks for the help will try this and inform you on teh results :slight_smile:

…CRY! stop teasing me with the borg lol

ok current error found so far
this one the firefly ship

I might add there seem to be a few ships on your missions that cause this above error
and then
on the chain gun turret

so far i dont think any of the other turrets are causing any error that i can tell yet

other then that i freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE the work you have done on these ships i think the only thing missing so far is a star base or 2

one last thing i noted… figs with shields that have been repaired by a carrier bay return to the battle filed with no shield power but i suspect that is a oversight on the carrier mod as figs dont have shields in unmod game

As i said, i messed up the last update (the last before that was ok). The errors u found are from the ship hulls i think, when u change a hull ship in the in-game editor from a ship already done, it seems that the editor mess up the hull section. U can solve the issue redesigning the hull section of the ship, but as i said, im not going to release anything by now, not till i have the complete first part (The Earth Alliance) finished, tested and really with no bugs.

About the weapons issue, it seems that the turret mapping is missing (something that i cant believe is already happenning) but i cant tell u how to fix that, cuz i am re- designing the whole part of the mod, and some weapons are restricted to the Colonial Side, and the accelerated chaingun is one of em. And all the values that surrounds the turret mapping are changed. I recommend u to have patience till i release the new redesigned part of the mod.

If u can, give me a link to the original mod (the one u have and is giving you that errors) and i will look into it and fix the issues (this will be fast). I cant do anything without the original mod, cuz as i said i changed weapons, values, references and i cant do anything based on the mod the way is right now.

And yes, of course i will include the Utopia Star Base (the Federation starbase) from the New Era Side, the Babylon 5 Station from the Colonial Side, the Omega Class (Alias Agamemnon) and some other ships that were missing in the first release.

I only can tell u guys to have patience, i dont have enough time and, although this mod is not too extensive in weapons, modules and so on, i am really trying to make a good mod, very balanced, with good turrets, with decent sprites, etc.

Yea i have a lot of ideas to the Borg Collective (including of course original vanilla races assimilated xD), and mostly of em are going to be designed from scratch using sketchup, so the Borg Collective will be a extensive race with a lot of hulls. And after that… the rest, the outsiders league. But all of this will be the next year, right now, i need to focus on finishing the Earth Alliance side.

About the fighters repaired with no shields… it is supossed that once a fighter goes into the carrier bay, the shields are gone, and as u said, the carrier bay is designed to repair armour and critical systems (of fighters), no shields. Maybe it is a game bug that if a fighter enters the carrier bay with the shields still intact (something almost impossible cuz the shields are the first thing to be damaged) that fighter just loses the shields forever.

as for the file or vertion i have i just got it yesterday from your link… so im guessing you latest mod… and i had no previous ver of it… also since last post most of the fighter turrets are giving the error now…

I haven’t gone though the all the frigs and crus turrets as of yet…

there was one other note i wanted to bring up with you not sure if its by design or not but the shield stabilizer mod

I noted that it seems that a ships can only receive 1 connection regardless of how many ships maybe in range to give shield power and equipped for it

also noted that even a ship with 2 modules will only help one ship at a time… also there seems to be inconsistency to if they are going to use it at all seen a few times a frig go down in flames even with several support ships in range and fully loaded charge

and last note fig with the shield stabilizer mod and shields never seem to use it on there fellow shielded figs… so far from what i been able to tell frigs wont try and save a figs shields either when equipped with the shield stabilizer mod

last note i think the range on them needs a drastic reduction like around 200 maybe

that being said watching a pack of defiant take down a cruiser pack wile shield buffing each other is priceless

I am going to check out the version of the mod in the first page, i hope in one day or two i will upload the fixed one.

About the shield support beam, i know. I changed the range value cuz i noticed the same as u, in the end, shield support beams are a bit useless cuz it can target only 1 ship at a time (as far as i noticed), so almost it has a good range. I cant do anything more about it -.-. Its one of the most useless modules of the game.

I dont understand wat u mean with your last quote about the defiant -.

Well, i got a fast look at the mod, i tested it and, IT WORKS PERFECT FOR ME as far as i tested it, i dont get any error issue on any hull. Tested the firefly ship and i dont get any error, so i really cant help u. I was amazed that my last upload was so messed up, but the mod hasnt show any issue in my GSB installation (except the turret icon errors that are easy to fix). About the turret, yea the accelerated_chaingun needs the icon value, just change it to “icon = turret_accelerated_chaingun.dds” (and u know, copy the turret sprite to the bitmaps/modules folder).

Till anyone else try the mod we can know if the issue is yours or the issue is something wrong with the mod itself. But as i said, i installed it, tested 10 ships including the firefly (no time for more) and no errors. Yea i got 3 turret errors, the ones u said in previous posts, but thats all. No more issues.

oh i would not say useless other then the fighter mod seem useless watching the defiant class figs bashing the crap out of cruiser class ships wile buffing each other shields is great fun… i have just noticed a bit of inconsistency in when they decided to do it… but that may come back more to the gunner AI then anything to do with your mod at all

I have noted though that having more then one shield stabilizing mod on a ship is totally useless though… and i do have mixed feelings on it eating one of my weapon slots seeming the power it eats is tremendous I can see why on a balance issue you might have it set for a weapon slot but it seems more of a support square slot to me

odd i have a few ships like the firefly and the very last ship on the cruiser list that instantly crash me on game start there also seems to be one one the ai side of your 3rd or 4th mission causing me to crash instantly on start of battle

the ship crashes always give me this error

I will endeavour over the weekend to make a test bunny of each hull and write a log of all those that are causing problems for me maybe a pattern may emerge for you

Ok did a test of everyone of your hulls

test criteria was

battle
tutorial placing ships
1 unit of ablative pol armor
test was only to deterim the hull would load into battle then exited with a retreat no weapons or any other thing tested

Fig hulls all passed all loaded all exited no crashes

frigate hulls that crashed on load into battle

EARLIER baxial cargo frig
EARLIER firefly sup frig
EARLIER horus class frig
EARLIER prewarp craft frig
EARLIER transport class frig

to be noted all the hulls in the frig class marked EARLIER failed to load into battle and caused game crash with this error

Cruiser hulls crashed on load into battle

EARLIER colonial class cru
EARLIER Columbia class cru
EARLIER fortunate class cru
EARLIER mercury class heavy cru
EARLIER mk2 class carrier cru
EARLIER Valkyrie class des cru
EARLIER zhelom class warship cru

to be noted again all baring one CRU hull with a name starting EARLIER failed to laod and caused the above error and game crash the only hull with the EARLIER name that did load was

EARLIER horizon class freighter cru… if it wasnt for this one ship I could have said everyone one of the EARLIER named versions of all hull sizes above fighter failed to load into battle and caused a game crash

i will have a look into the config files of these ships and see if there is a simple typo that may to blame here

ok so i dug and dug and annoyed the hell out of myself trying to work out why one of the EARLIER cru hull would work and now of the others and the short trem answer is the one that works has this in its code

[engineglows]

[targets]

the ones that dont work seems to have this

[engineglows]
0 = 60.00,176.00,21.25,38.28,earthengineglow.dds,earth_engine_debris,0,0.50
1 = 196.00,175.00,21.25,38.28,earthengineglow.dds,earth_engine_debris,0,0.50

[targets]

managed to edit one of the none working ships and make it work by removing this… will do the rest asap maybe later tonight and retest it all… but this seems to be where my problem is at lest

If u get a particle config error try the next step: erase the hull section of the hull file (erase all the characters after the “[hulks]” section) and then try that ship again on the battlefield. If it doesnt crash, then the issue is on the hull section of the hull file, so if u know how to do it, just open the in-game editor and create new hulls for that ship. Almost, that is the most common issue when u get a particle config error. I never had this issue on the engines section.

But again, i will ask u to wait until i release the “official” release, that has a lot of changes , now u cant see the “earlier” class ships mixed with the new era ships and the “EARLIER” pref has been eliminated. Besides, all the classic fire guns are now from the colonial side (accelerated chaingun, blasters, missiles, etc) and the energy weapons (and some meta - quantum missiles) are from the new era side. I changed a lot of balance issues, in the hulls and the modules, i created new scenarios and fixed some sounds and fx. As i said, a lot of changes. And i hope there will be no issues on the release, cuz i am learning in very fast steps ^^.

at the moment engine glow seems to be the sort term answer to the problem im guessing it cant find them for what ever reason removing them seems to have fixed at lest one ship so far will have to try the rest later when i have time to go though my list on none working ships…

btw any clue where i find where it looks for the dds files at for the hull?

ok so had time to play with this a bit more and do all the missions… i have yet to make a cruiser build i like but the defiant frigs rock more so when you add a shield buffer to them and set them to hunt in packs.

few notes so far defiant should have at lest 8 weapon slots and i think needs a class bump to cruiser but im happy with frig but keep in mind the defiant is a dedicated war bird and not build for much else also i think it needs 2 more square slots for armour. or give it a 30% speed and armour bonus keep in mind this thing eats anything its gets in range of even BS.

also a not i think quantum torps are supposed to be a salvo thing i also bumped your pulse phasers salvo up to 8 and max range down to 550 opt being 450 i think that brings them in line with the defiant use of them

with the current slots there is no way to build a cloaking defiant with the fire power it should have but even with only 4 weapon slots im loving it i believe cloaking is pretty much unless in this game any ways seeing as even cloaked the ai keeps shooting at doesn’t mater if its your or there’s

all in all even with 2 of the best engines on it still having speed issues
so i might do a renamed hull based on this version and player around with the slots and stats a little if its cool with you, can post it back to you if you like when i think i got something worth playing with

memory-alpha.org/wiki/Defiant_class

i think bumping up defiant more might make it overpowered… worth exploring tho

on torps turned to salvo weapon… +1
will look way cooler…

I had 2 options, the first one to make the defiant a regular frigate with more weapon slots, and the second one, to make the defiant a fast scavenger like in the tv series. If i put more weapon slots, i will need to remove the speed bonuse and the defiant will no longer be that little killing machine. Since it supossed the defiant is a fast and agile frigate, like u can see in the tv series, i decided for the option 2. But maybe u right and i will redesign the hull for the next release, adding 2 more weapon slots (and increasing cost of course). But keep in mind that i cant make the defiant with 8 or more weapon slots and plus the speed bonus. It will be really overpowered.

I dont like the word “phaser cannon” cuz, it is not a phaser cannon, but a pulse phaser. And its called pulse phaser in the tv. And keep in mind that the defiant is an heavy fire armored frigate but we never saw the defiant using all its fire power, only firing 2 pulse phasers and 1 or 2 photon torpedoes. So, actually its no sense to put 10 weapon slots on the ship.

No. Quantum torpedoes are just torpedoes. No sense to make a salvo weapon. And the pulse phaser has 3 salvos, like in the tv series. If u make all those changes, u will get another different ship and the weapons will no longer be like in the films or the tv. BTW, 8 salvos on the pulse phaser is super overpowered, in my test i checked that 3 salvos is the best fit to that weapon the way is right now.

U can make a cloacking defiant… y not?? just use 1 weapon slot to put the cloack if u dont have enough standard modules.

Wat u mean exactly with speed issues?? i think the defiant is too fast, u dont need more speed…

Yea, put here your feedback and i will look into it, as i said, ideas are always welcome, but since this mod has not too many adepts, that never happened -.-

BTW, as i said in multiple posts, in my next release i will modify the balance issues and recheck all the hulls.

Thunderbird, its supossed the pulse pahser shots 3 times, well almost thats wat i seen on some movies, like first contact or ds9 tv series. Addint +1 to the salvo will no longer be like the “real” life xD … O_o

Wat do u think guys about the defiant sprite?? its good enough? maybe i will change it in the next release to another one made from scratch in sketchup.

that +1 was supposed to mean that i support the idea of making torpedoes salvo weapons :stuck_out_tongue:
in the “modern tech sub-era” everyone mostly fires torps in volleys,so it would kind of make sence,but yeah,youre right, its not a salvo weapon by design…

well i think if we make torps a salvo it gets over the need for more weapon slots as 1 trop will give the effect of the real defiant. also ran a few tests las night on a standard defiant hull if i run the pulse phasers up to 6 volley then the seem to replace the missing slots so you can run 3 pulse phasers and 1 quantum torp and get a relative simerler effect of the show i still think it need the extra square slots running with 3 engines and 100% speed boost 50% arm and hull and energy that seems to have dropped my needed slots down to 1 maybe 2 extra square slots and gets the speed up to almost .5 that with 2 sheild mods and 1 arm and 1 borg repair mode

so opt build right now is 5 weapon slots 1 extra being used for the shield buff and 1 extra square slot… that with the upped salvo of 6 to pulse lasers and a salvo of 3 quantum torps… alone they can do ok but are quickly killed… but running in packs of 5 they get real nasty. still if they start getting sperated they do quickly start getting killed

on a note the pulse phasers only do about 6 points most of shield and hull damage so they are reliantly low per hit so higher volley still means they have to work on a CR for a wile even in a pack

as for the sprite its self love them all… the fighter level ones may need a bit more of a size reduction as much as i would hate that because i like the detail

First off, i cant understand half of your words (sorry for that btw im poor at english too xd) -.- but see: the pulse phaser does 7 x 3 damage = 21 , for 1400 interval u get 15 DPS, that is the most balance parameters u will get. If u want an overpowered weapon, suit yourself, but in my case i prefer balanced weapons. If u put 6 salvos, u will get an overpowered weapon. Sure, maybe the pulse pahser is cooler with 6 salvos, but in the tv u will only see 3 salvos firing, and the interval is low enough to make the weapon effective. Besides, armour penetration and shield penetration are very high, so u will always do dmg to shields or armour. As u see, the weapon right now is right balanced, i dont think any change will be good. Maybe i will make another version of the pulse phaser, called “Extended Pulse Phaser” or something, and then i will put 6 salvos but with higher cost, and other things i will look into it.

And, no u cant make the torps a salvo weapon, it is a game limit, as other things (i wish i could do that…).

Yea, precisely i did the fighter sprites bigger to make em appear more detailed, but i dont think making a fighter like an ant will be good looking. Besides, one thing is a fighter, another thing is a “shuttle”, slighty bigger than a fighter. Some fighters are shuttles already, btw a regular fighter will never had, for example 3 weapon slots and 4 standar slots.

yeah id be happy with a more expensive version. i mean the defiant is a flying gun with another gun duct taped to it and then for good measure they added wings engines and gave it it rockets lol…

but any rate thanks fora all the ships this one mod alone has given me so many choices in ship types and im just chomping at the bit to get the borg tactile cube wooohoooo we are the brog GSB will be assimilated