PATCH RELEASED (1.63)

Wow this was a nice patch… deployment is much more functional.

I had 1.04 installed, and it did not auto-downloading any new patch. Debugdata attached.

(I have now successfully uninstalled and re-downloaded from BMTMicro)
debugdata.zip (1.81 KB)

Did you register your serial and pick a username?

Hmmm, I see in the “bugs already fixed” thread that a 1.09 is…ready, but I’m not auto-downloading it. Maybe I’m too quick?

If the patch isn’t out yet he’s just adding to the list of things that will be fixed in 1.09. PATCH RELEASED thread in the support forum usually says what the latest patch released is.

It works now, but thread still says 1.08.

seems all my install problems were fixed on this patch hooray!

Okay I’m an idiot. Where is the link to download the patch?

I (stupidly) bought off Impulse. It says it’s version 1.11b, and that I need to update to 1.11b.005. Every time I restart Impulse though, it says I need to update to 1.11b.005 again. I read your link about Impulse update problems, but I cannot find the direct patch to manually update it to 1.12.

But I’m not even sure if it’ll make a difference. Whenever I try to start the game I just get a black screen. Clicking turns it to windowed mode black screen. I’m running at the correct resolution and have updated video drivers.

This is the debug message that comes up every time:

30/9/2009 - 8::32 - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
30/9/2009 - 8::32 - software vertex processing failed
30/9/2009 - 8::32 - Failed to initialise 3D Engine:…\src\Game.cpp 296

What video card do you have? thats looking like a quite fundamental failure.

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Hi Cliffski!

I need to re download and reinstall, but have lost my link email. is there any way this can be resent?

Yup, just sent it.

You are a gentleman sir :wink:

So this game auto-patches? Any way to confirm game version? I have the non Impulse one.

top-right of the main screen.

it only autopatches if you complete the ‘online’ screen information though

I’m at work now. Is the online screen I need to fill out easy to find?

Of course. It’s on the main menu.

Game crashes whenever I try to use any menu item. I hear there is some kind of fancy wipe when you click the menu items…

I have a 64MB integrated video card.

Theres a small number of people for whom the transitions are making the game run out of memory, which will be fixed in the next patch in a few days, because I’ll be making them optional, and probably turning them off entirely for video cards under 256 meg.

I suggest having the transitions be permanently disabled on the “Options” menu item.