PATCH RELEASED (1.63)

Game crashes when i select challenges on the main menu. I am using widows vista 64 bit.

this has already been discussed, look for (1.17) bug when entering challenges menu

ever since i updated to 1.21, the graphics of the game got much less smooth. it’s like what happened to the cursor when you selected a ton of ships, except i don’t know the reason why. can someone explain this? EDIT: Nevermind, it never happened again… end of story… weird…

Odd, first time my game won’t auto-update when I open up the game. Still have 1.23. Not sure what to do to get the game to updated to 1.24

it only checks for a patch once a day. You can fiddle with your system clock and relaunch it if you are impatient :smiley:

I may have missed this, but is there a patchlog with the changes somewhere?

Yep, the list is in this forum. Check out the first post in the Bugs already fixed, pending the next release thread. You’ll need to scroll down to see the most recent updates, since it includes fixes from all the updates during the beta period.

Hmm, there’s an idea… Cliffski, maybe you should reverse the list, so the most recent fixes are on top.

Wow, excellent support !

Is there a manual patch for 1.26 ? I play this in steam in offline mode in a PC without net connection.

my copy at work wont auto update. Im on v1.23. ive uninstalled and re-installed the game but im still at v1.23. what should i do?

The game only updates once you have set up an online account by entering your serial code and picking a username on the ‘online’ screen.

Ive done that already. I play and post challenges from the copy of GSB that wont update. could it be that i copy my GSB game info from the ‘my games’ folder back and forth between the two computers that i play GSB on? the copy on the other computer has already updated past 1.23

edit: so i think that was it. i cut the ‘my games’ GSB folder out of ‘my games’. Then i started up GSB, re-entered my on line code and the game updated after re-starting it. i then copyed my GBS folder back to ‘my games’. is there a way to avoid this while playing GSB on two computers? I copy the folder back and forth because i dont want to beat the same challenges twice.

I think it has more to do with the permissions of the folders :smiley:

I have done this, and my “online” screen says both user name and serial code seem fine, but I’m not getting any updates past 1.23.

The other possible reason is the patch has been downloaded but not run. you could delete this folder:
\my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles\patches.
That may well fix it.

How and where do I download the latest patch? I cannot find a link.

Once you launch the game, it should auto update the game.

My game (including Tribes) has automatically updated and I uninstalled and redownloaded as was stated elsewhere, yet I still apparently do not have the latest patch as I keep running into challenges I can’t accept due to the submitted “having content I don’t have access to”. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you’re up to date, with a fresh install, then it’s probably the people posting those challenges that have the problem.

If you can play the challenges I’ve posted in December (as Dogthinker), then the problem isn’t you :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you very much.

Hi, I’ve got a folder called Grat… Space Battles Beta, and version 1.23 Full, my username and details are located in the program, however it hasn’t automatically updated, and I no longer have access to my old email account…

I have my account number in the game however if that would be required to re-download.

Thanks

Tim